We continue to have people looking at our house, which is a good thing. However, everyone seems to come up with one thing that is a deal-breaker for them, and we never hear from them again. Like Jerry Seinfeld would always find some minute detail he didn't like about a woman, and he would dump her. For example, the feedback left on our showing website from the people who the house was shown to today said, “My clients loved it until they went into the backyard. Yep, the powerlines! Not much you can do about that. Good luck!”
I know our 25 year-old house is not perfect by any means, but I never even knew we had a problem with powerlines, and that is the first anyone has ever said about it. I had to go outside a while ago to see if I could figure out what they were talking about. Indeed, there are some powerlines that are above our back fence. There is even a telephone pole in the corner of our back yard. Maybe they know something I don’t, but I can’t figure out why you wouldn’t buy a house you ‘love’ because of that. It’s not like the powerlines are dangling loose, sparking all over the ground, or three feet off the ground, or even touching a tree in our back yard. They are 20 feet in the air, connected to wooden poles, just like every other power line in the world. Don’t all homes with electricity have powerlines connected to them? I guess I am missing something.
I wish I could call these people, along with the clown who put in an offer last week, then decided he wasn’t ready to buy a house, and ask them what the hell they are thinking.
Anyway, we still have 6 weeks until our house is finished, so hopefully someone will like it enough to put in an offer between now and then. But I can see the feedback now from the next prospective buyer: “My client loved the house. It is everything they have been looking for and more. They were ready to make an offer until they went out the back door. Yep, there’s grass in the back yard! Not much you can do about that. Good luck!”
On to some pictures of The Fitz:





2 comments:
In regards to your powerlines, telephone pole,and transformers, I can explain it all. Take it from the environmental goddess; all of the above mentioned items will contain PCB's. It's an older home and therfore, PCB's were placed inside of these as opposed to the PCB free transformers, lines, and poles you will see now days. Bad mojo with PCB's. For those who do not know what PCB's are...here ya go.
Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) are a class of organic compounds with 1 to 10 chlorine atoms attached to biphenyl which is a molecule composed of two benzene rings each containing six carbon atoms. The chemical formula for all PCBs is C12H10-xClx.
PCBs were used as coolants and insulating fluids for transformers and capacitors, stabilizing additives in flexible PVC coatings of electrical wiring and electronic components, pesticide extenders, cutting oils, flame retardants, hydraulic fluids, sealants (used in caulking, etc), adhesives, wood floor finishes,[1] paints, de-dusting agents, and in carbonless copy paper.[2]
PCB production was banned in the 1970s due to the high toxicity of most PCB congeners and mixtures. PCBs are classified as persistent organic pollutants which bioaccumulate in animals.
"PCB production was banned in the 1970s due to the high toxicity"
Good thing our house, the first one in this subdivision, was built in 1983 then:)
Post a Comment