Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Surgery Fun

Nancy's surgery (biopsy of her bone cyst in her ankle...see previous blog 'cause I don't feel like explaining it) went really well today. She was home by 3pm. Her mom came into town to help her out, which I know she really appreciated. Doris was really impressed by her surgeon, so she snapped a photo of him after her procedure.








I did, as promised, take some pictures of her incision and her foot after the biopsy. I was really trying to get her to go back in first thing in the morning, because, although my area of expertise is the four-legged variety, I think it looks infected.



We decided not to wait, and I used some of my mad vet doctorin' skillz, a bottle of tequila, a ball-peen hammer, and her mom to hold her down...and I got her fixed up. Here's a picture from just a few minutes ago:

Seriously, she is doing fine, and we should find out some results next Tuesday. Convincing her to stay off of it and to use her crutches is gonna be the hard part.

No comments: