Sunday, April 13, 2008

Flaky is out, offer #2 is on the clock

Just as we predicted, our flaky potential buyer #1 backed out. He and his paranoid realtor thought we were trying to hide some major foundation issue with our house. Which I find funny, since he is the one who declined an inspection. I think it is for the best, as we would have been stressing for a month wondering when/if Flaky McFlakerson was gonna back out of his contract. Better now than later.

Luckily, we have another offer. We countered, and they accepted, so we are now just waiting on them to get an inspection and we are good to go. One stipulation of our counter-offer was that we would close on May 6, but then rent from them until June 15th. This is so we do not have to rent an apartment or live in a hotel for 3-4 weeks while The Fitz is finished. That would not have been fun.

Meanwhile, they have started installing cabinets and painting walls and ceilings. I should have some pictures for you tomorrow. I am in Lorena right now for Brynna's BDay, so I can't post any tonight.

No comments: