They have finished the brick, and are now working on the inside. They have now textured the walls, "stomped" the ceiling, and started installing our doors and baseboards. It's actually starting to look less like a construction site, and more like a house. We were planning on going out and picking up extra bricks after they finished laying them and saving some for ourselves to use in various little projects I have planned (which Nancy, probably correctly, predicts I will never do). Mike assured us that we would have alot of bricks left over if we wanted to save them. As you can see in this picture, "alot" might have been overstating it a bit...evidently our house is the first house in the history of Meritage Homes to have almost the exact number of bricks needed delivered to the site.

Today we came across another snake...this time in our house. And this time, Nancy was careful not to react the same way she did before, lest she be featured in a new blog entry. This snake is an exact twin of the snake we saw in the other house, that I described in this blog entry. As you can see by its massive size in relation to the dime, Nancy had every reason to run screaming out of the room.
I was expecting something more like this:

Here are some more pictures:



1 comment:
Wow! It really does look like a house! I am so happy ya'll accepted an offer...that will make everything so much better!
Post a Comment