Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday iPhone Dump #5

Since Hannah was born, Randy has taken on the duties of bringing Jacob upstairs to put him to bed (yes, he even did this last week when he was sick as a dog...he rocks like that). Their little routine is to watch something on YouTube first. Sometimes it's animals, sometimes it's trains and sometimes Jacob will make up something and Randy usually finds it. Did you know you can watch a horse getting a haircut on YouTube? You can. Anyway, one night our electricity was out when it was time for Jacob to go to sleep, so he missed out on watching something. An hour past his bedtime, the lights came back on and Jacob was still in bed, awake. So, Randy went to get him and brought him into our bed to watch some cartoons. I was afraid Randy had opened a can of worms, but Jacob went back to bed well and has only asked to watch in our bed one other time before bed. So, I had to get a picture of them ignoring me watching Sid the Science Kid.


When Memaw was here last week, we decided to give Hannah a 'top knot' like I rocked until I was 3. It was cute, but we need more hair to grow and less hair to fall out before she can truly wear it like I did. :0)


Jacob had a memory like no other. When he puts on a visor, he always says he is Uncle Beebo (my brother who wears a visor all of the time). The other day, he put on a ball cap, backwards, and stuck his hands in his pocket and said "Look, I'm Uncle Nick!" We had to take a picture to send to Carrie and Nick.


I don't have a picture for this next story, but I HAVE to include it. Last Sunday, at church, Pastor Davis said it was time for the children to come forward for the children's message. The week before was the first time Jacob had gone up there all by himself. So, I was excited to see if he would do it again. As Randy was getting him up and bringing him to the middle aisle, the children's director stood up and said something. But, she didn't have a microphone so we didn't hear her (we sit in the back near the door due to an unpredictable 4 month old). Once Jacob was up on stage, I realized what she was saying. Apparently the children's program that they had been practicing for weeks was going to be first. Too late...Jacob was already up there and NOT looking at Randy who was trying to tell him to come back. So, while 10 kids performed a song with all of the appropriate hand motions, our little dancer stood up there and, well, danced. The whole time. I was soooooooo embarrassed! I couldn't tell you how many songs they performed. It felt like an eternity and was so funny to watch him at the same time. By the way, he also stayed for the children's message and enjoyed that too...but not as much as dancing to the first songs. I so wish we would have gotten a picture, but I was dying of embarrassment and laughter.

On Monday, Hannah had her 4 month check up. She is perfect! Like her brother, she is in the 90 something percentile for all of her measurements. She's actually taller (longer??) than Jacob was at 4 months. This was taken before the mean, mean nurses have her 3 shots. Let me just say that she is much more dramatic than Jacob. He would always cry, but she squealed and cried...loudly.



Occasionally, Jacob wants to hold Hannah. It's rare (and doesn't last long) so when he says he wants to, we all jump up and let them sit down. Even Hannah is confused as to why big brother is holding her.



Hannah's sweet smile.



And, her new trick of blowing slobber bubbles. This started on Monday and hasn't stopped yet!!



Wednesday was Jacob's last day of school so we attended the end of year party where they decorated picture frames. One kid stuck his in front of his face, so, of course, we had to copy.






Jacob actually took these next 2 pictures. He's getting better...but I did a little cropping on the picture of Randy.






Hannah loved seeing the other kids and, especially, the other babies that were there.



I'm a little sad that his school is over. Not for me, but because he loves it so much. I actually prefer non school days with a 3ish hour nap to school days where he naps there for an hour and then is wired all afternoon! Hopefully, we will be doing play dates with the kids from his class this summer.

And, lastly, this is starting. Don't ask...I'll report when there is something to report.



Rockin the Yo Gabba Gabba underwear.


~Nancy

2 comments:

mommagroom said...

OMG!! He looks so big in big boy underwear!!
I'm still lovin' the Friday iPhone dump days!!

Anonymous said...

Me, too! What a great idea!