Here is the sick little boy.

He had been coughing a lot the night before. And when he coughs too hard, he always breaks blood vessels in his face (or that is what the doctor told me it was/what I remember it to be). It looks terrible and really freaked me out the first time I saw it. Unfortunately, I'm pretty used to it now. Here is a close up.

Random shot of Hannah in her bumbo with her very own Sophie the giraffe.

Back to the sick boy. He wanted pillows. And then more pillows. And he usually gets what he wants especially when he's sick.

And he loved it when Hannah joined his "pillow bed".

At this point, some medicine was kicking in (and the pillow bed was helping cure him, I'm sure) so he was feeling and looking better.

Ok, now onto little Hannah's excitement of the week. She has zero interest in rolling over when on the floor. But, put her in her Woombie (like a swaddle or sleep sack with her arms in), and she had started to try and roll over. Ugh...it's dangerous for them to roll when swaddled, so we had to do something. She is NOT ready to sleep unswaddled so I began looking on the Internet and found Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit. It looks so silly. But she LOVES it! Here she is modeling it when it first arrived.

And here she is sleeping 9+ hours in it the very first night.

She has done really well in it this first week at night and for one nap a day.
When Momma showers, the kids (and dog) get to watch a little Nick, Jr. This is a huge step up (in my opinion) from the way I used to shower with an audience of 2, sometimes 3.

Here are some pictures of the pool as of last weekend.



During Jacob's nap one day, I had to do some stuff around the pool, and Hannah helped me.

Like I said, Jacob was busy napping.

I just love how Hannah holds onto my arm when I feed her. I think this is her telling me NOT to take away that bottle!

On Monday, we got our safety fence.


While Hannah was playing in her jumperoo, Jacob wanted to feed her the carrot. LOVE the way she watches him and laughs at him.

One more picture from Jacob's monitor. I just knew he was going to roll over and fall off the bed. He didn't.

Sometimes, Jacob does NOT want to smile. Here is his "sad face".

And here is his "mad face".

And, finally, his "happy face".

As Hannah was doing tummy time, I snapped this picture of her.

Immediately, it struck me because it looked so much like a picture I knew I had of Jacob. So, I had to go find it. Once I did and looked at the date, I could tell he was about 2 weeks older than she is. But, don't they look alike?

By the way, smiley tummy time doesn't last long for Hannah either. But, instead of screaming this day, she just chose to give up and watch Jacob.

On Wednesday, while Randy was off, we attempted our first swim. Hannah was napping and Momma is too wimpy to swim when it's this cold ( you can't use the pool heater in the beginning). But, Jacob was SO excited!!



By the way, our water has not completely cleared up but they assured us it's safe to swim.
And, on Thursday, Hannah celebrated her 1/3 birthday!!

Since we are 4 months and getting close to introducing solids, I wanted to see how Hannah would do in the highchair. She did great but Jacob was not happy about it. I'm pretty sure letting her use HIS high chair (that he rarely sits in) is going to be a bigger adjustment than bringing her home from the hospital.

And, for documentation purposes, I had to photograph what is going on with her hair.

That's it...hope you enjoyed it!!
~Nancy
1 comment:
I don't know who told you about Friday iPhone dumping but I LOVE it!
Post a Comment