Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Definitely on the mend...

I'm happy to report that Jacob is definitely doing better. In fact, he was better the same day we went to the doctor as long as I kept up with the Tylenol/Advil every 3 hours. By Saturday, the antibiotics had kicked in and he was better without the Tylenol/Advil.

Saturday morning, I decided to do a workout video on tv. I try to do this every once in a while, but Jacob is usually napping. Since we didn't make it to the gym that morning, I really wanted to do one and he was not going down for a nap soon. So, I tried it with him. You are very fortunate that I did not get any pictures of that, but I made Randy pretend to do some of the moves to show what Jacob does. First, he LOVES when I do jumping jacks (again, be happy there are no pictures). He thinks it is hilarious. But, when I tried to do push ups (the girl ones even), he thought I was making a ride for him and hopped on my back. I'm not strong enough to do many WITHOUT the extra 33 pounds on my back. Here is what he does...



And abs...forgetaboutit. Which I was grateful for...



We also took him for a walk in the neighborhood, which he LOVES. The only problem is that he loves walking down the middle of the street and up random driveways. We were working on walking on the sidewalk...strange concept!


I don't know why he likes this pose, but he did it at the rodeo petting zoo too...








He's even good at helping us check the mail. He loves anything he can open and close...



Then, we gave up on the sidewalks and Randy was chasing him. He loves it when you say "I'm gonna get ya" but usually runs toward you instead of running away.






Whew...all this running is hard work. I think I need a break (at least this was on the sidewalk and not in the middle of the street).



On Sunday, we went to the end of the Katy Crawfish Festival and got to hear some of Robert Earl Keen. Jacob loved it because we let him out of his stroller and he got to run around. It's amazing how many women try to talk to him. I told Randy it's a shame that I was there because Jacob is definitely a chick magnet. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures there because I was busy chasing a toddler/pretending I was back in college just taking in some REK!!

~ Nancy

No comments: