Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Children's Museum of Houston

Today, Jacob and I met Jennifer and Jacqueline at the Children's Museum of Houston. Tuesdays are also the day for Toddler Time at the Fulshear Library. You can read back a few posts to see why we didn't go to that! Jacqueline is 4 months younger than Jacob, and I'm convinced they are going to get married one day. Jennifer would only commit to Jacob being one of Jacqueline's many boyfriends, but I'm still hoping.

The Children's Museum is great for all kids, but they have a special Tot Spot for kids under 3. We headed straight up there and got started. First step is to take off the kiddos shoes and socks, and for the adults to either wear socks or these great booties...



Jacob's favorite place was the little ball pit. He probably climbed in and out of that thing a hundred times. He would throw some of the balls out, then promptly climb out and get them to throw them back in.



Jacqueline even joined him, and I had the brilliant idea to get a picture of them. It was not happening. I either got one of them looking or none of them looking.









Jacob's second favorite thing was the doors. They open and close (score) and have a mirror on the inside when you open it. It also had a light switch, door knocker and door bell. This was right up his alley...



Jacqueline was trying to figure out what was so cool about a door.



One toddler (not naming any names) would actually stop and look at the camera...



The other toddler was way too busy...















There was also a dress up area. Jacqueline found a wizard hat that she wore most of the time we were there. Jacob wore the fireman's hat for 0.25 seconds.






The little firetruck was also quite a hit. However, Jacqueline sat on the bench seat and refused to let anyone else sit down. Jacob ignored her and scooted himself into the small floorboard in front of her...









Finally, she agreed to let him in, so I thought "photo op". No such luck this time either...






Randy always asks if Jacob actually "plays" with other kids. Here is as close as they got (if you don't count the firetruck).



Another cute wizard Jacqueline...



Jacob was not as into this, but there was a tunnel that you could go in and see up to the top of the slide. I thought this picture of Jennifer and Jacqueline was hilarious...



And another one...



And last, the only attempt I made at a picture of both of us...



I really loved this museum. I can't wait to go back and to keep going back when he is older. They have SO much stuff to do!!

~ Nancy

No comments: