

When the actual hunt began, he had a lot of help.

And actually deposited a few eggs in his basket that he, once again, refused to carry.


Here he is finding a candy egg since the other eggs seemed to go VERY fast!

I helped him spot this one and thought he could reach it.

Just. a. little. too. high.

So, Momma moved it for him.

And, yet another deposit in the basket.

Since the egg hunting goes so quickly with the bigger kids around, we had to bust out the 6 dozen or so confetti eggs we had. I'm not sure if the bigger kids or adults like these better...

Pa loves to video every family get together so this is what he was doing. M was still in her gown, so I'm not allowed to post pictures of her. :o)

If you remember, at Makinley's party, I only got a picture of Logan and not all of the other cousins. Well, this time I managed to get a picture of everyone BUT Lo. Here is Brynna in her cute Hello Kitty outfit that Jacob and I picked out.

Here's sweet Makinley.

And sweet Caitlyn who tried to teach Jacob to talk later in the day (picture at the bottom).

Crazy little Chase.

Another shot of Brynna and Makinley.

And precious little Molly. This was after the egg hunt as she was sleeping during the hunt and was hungry when she woke up.

And, two sweet pictures of Jacob and Randy.


Jacob got to do a lot of new things while playing outside at M and Pa's house. He got in and out of their cozy coupe (like he does at home) a few times.

Drove the motorized princess 4 wheeler. Randy is now convinced that he needs his own motorized vehicle...probably not a princess one.

However, he doesn't drive very well and ran into a lot of things, including the fence.

His legs are long and often dragged the ground. Randy tried to show him how to ride with his feet up. This didn't last long but looks funny!

He also climbed on and tried to drive the lawn mower that is broken.

Brynna decided to play on the same lawn mower and be in charge of Jacob for a while. I was just happy that while she was in charge (this time) her arms were around his torso and NOT his neck.

And Jacob found a swing that is just his size and loved it.

Last, Pa took all of the kids on a ride on the lawn mower that actually works. They all loved it!!



This year, we never took Jacob to any bluebonnets to take pictures. So, I consider this his bluebonnet picture of 2012. Never mind that he is not even looking at the camera (the main reason we never tried this for real!).

Once the front came through (literally minutes after the outdoor fun), we all huddled inside to play. Caitlyn decided to try and teach Jacob some new words with his magna doodle. She had about as much success as I have, but she was oh so sweet and Jacob sat there with her longer than I've seen him do in a long time. She tried to teach him cat, house, horse and castle (and I'm sure others I forgot).

Brynna got to hold sweet Molly.

And Logan tried to teach Randy some tricks on Angry Birds. A few months ago (maybe a year ago even), Randy introduced Logan to Angry Birds and he loves it (notice Lo's shirt). However, Logan's theory is to try a level once or twice, and if you can't get it, spend the $0.99 to buy a golden eagle (or something like that) that basically lets you pass the level. It's funny to hear them talk because Randy wants to pass the level without "cheating".

Jacob had a great time with the glow in the dark drawing board

And tried to catch the fish.

After all that, we had a huge lunch and we had to head home. It was another great, crazy, and fun weekend. I'm not sure if M and Pa's house is the same for the next few days after we all leave. Those little kids (and us big kids) can make one huge mess!
We had a blast though and can't wait for Logan's birthday in May!
~ Nancy
No comments:
Post a Comment