Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Bunny 2012

Randy and I were supposed to take Jacob to see the Easter Bunny yesterday morning when he was off. Well, Randy had to work, so I was left to deal with the big bunny myself. We ended up taking Randy to lunch yesterday, so the bunny had to wait until today. When we got there, there was just one child ahead of us. So, Jacob and I spent a few minutes waving at the bunny and blowing him kisses. After that child was done, the Easter Bunny waved and was blowing kisses back. Jacob seemed to enjoy that so I got my hopes up for a good picture. When it was our turn, my hopes were dashed. He acted the same way he did for Santa Claus and cried and thrashed around a lot. Since there was nobody behind us, the bunny workers (elves???) tried lots of things with no success. We ended up with me sitting next to the bunny holding Jacob. There was a split second where he wasn't crying and they snapped the picture. The rest of the time, even in my lap, he was not happy. Oh well, we made the trip to the mall and let the bunny know that we would be at Grandma and Grandpa's house this weekend. We didn't want the bunny to leave the eggs and treats in the wrong spot! Here is the picture from the one second without crying...


Also, Jacob started his Easter celebration yesterday when he received some treats in the mail from Debra and Craig. He was very happy eating his marshmallow bunny. This is the only picture of him smiling, without the aid of Randy dancing behind me, that I have gotten in a long time. Thanks Debra and Craig!



~Nancy

No comments: