Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sick little boy

This morning started out fine. I thought Jacob's cough and runny nose were both getting better. So, we got dressed and headed to our class at The Little Gym. He was fine for about 15 minutes, and then the crying began. It seemed to come out of nowhere. He was fine one minute and crying the next. Of course, this made the runny nose much worse so we headed to the bathroom to wipe his face and, hopefully, compose himself. This didn't work. So, we went to hang out in the lobby and tried juice. That didn't help either. So, we left early and headed home. He continued to cry and seemed miserable. So, I called the doctor and they could see us in 20 minutes. We jumped in the car, still crying, and called Randy to cancel our lunch plans with him. Come to find out, this sweet little boy



has a horrible ear infection in one ear. And possibly another in the other ear but, by that point, he wouldn't really sit still enough to find out. So, that's really good news to my ears because I HATE hearing "It's just a virus". At least we have medicine and should feel better in 24 - 48 hours. Honestly, the Advil has finally kicked in and he is already feeling better.

It's crazy because all week he hasn't really had a fever and only had like 99 one time. Plus, he never pulls on his ears when he has an infection. I hate that it has to get this bad before I can figure out what's wrong!

And, thinking back, he started the crying at the gym shortly after we carried them around upside down. I'm sure that hurt!

Here's hoping this makes him better soon!

~Nancy

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I seriously love Cinco Ranch Pediatrics. Their ability to pretty much always be able to see a sick kiddo within 30 minutes of your phone call is pure magic in my opinion. I hope J is better soon!

mommagroom said...

It's amazing that the picture from Wednesday to Thursday could look so different. Hope the little guy feels better quickly!!!

The Doodys said...

Hope he feels better soon. Gavin never showed signs of ear infections either until they were horrible. And then I always felt like the doctor wondered- why did you wait so long to bring him in.

Nancy said...

Amanda - YES! I do love that about CRP. I'm amazed at how they do it. She literally said, on the phone, can you be here in 20 minutes? I think I screamed YES!

Momma garron - it is amazing because he is already back to himself!

Devin - this is his first one to NOT run a fever. It was so weird! But, yes, I felt like crap when she was describing how bad it was. I just wish there was a way to know sooner on these tough little guys!

Randy said...

Who is momma garron? Your mom is going to get jealous that you are calling her momma.

Nancy said...

Ugh...when did you start reading this blog again?

mommagroom said...

Randy--is Nancy drinking again? I may need to call CPS on her!!