Sunday, March 9, 2008

Framing is complete!

Well, the Ol' Fitz is really taking shape. And with these guys working on it at such a frenetic pace, we may be able to move in next week!



Just kidding. Those guys really have gotten an amazing amount done in just one week. A week ago, it was nothing but a slab. Now we can walk up the stairs and wander around the second floor.

I know the construction crews love it when we wander up and get in their way. And I am sure the unsuspecting owners of several houses out there would love the fact that we walk through their house a couple of times every week. We feel like we know these people, based solely on their as yet unfinished house, and never having met most of them. And we have yet to be busted by the owners showing up while we are critizing their choices in flooring, counter tops, and floor plans. I've already prepared myself for the day when we are opening doors in some stranger's house, loudly critiquing their tiny kitchen with the ugly counters, when the new owners walk in and hear everything we are saying. That will be awkward.

And as much as we go out there, I'm sure we will one day run into some people walking through our unfinished house. Or maybe we are the only weirdos that do that. Nancy might just kick them out if she finds anyone in our house uninvited, though.

Here are some up-to-date pictures of the house. Looks like they are just about done with framing, and will start putting up the facing soon. You probably thought I was kidding when I said we would update the pictures daily. Hell, I thought I was kidding.

View of the living room from the upstairs game room

I am sitting on the shower seat in our master bath


Nancy is in the kitchen, looking into the living room. Being able to do this was a big reason she liked this floor plan.

No comments: