However, they must realize that I have a blog to write, and pictures to take. If they don't work on our house, what the hell am I supposed to do after Nancy goes to bed? Something productive? Riiiiiight. I guess I could branch out and bore you to tears with other things besides the construction of The Fitz. But when you've already written paragraph upon paragraph about concrete and shown a hundred pictures of 2x4s, other subjects would just be sooooo boring in comparison. So I will try to stay focused. But if I slip in an occasional story about a large female client showing me her yeast infection in the clinic exam room, just bear with me. It just means they probably took another day off.
Luckily for you all, The Aggies beat Iowa State in the Big 12 Basketball Tourney tonight, or I would probably be using this space for far less positive commentary. And there would be alot of cussing.
We, of course, drove out again tonight. When we got there, we saw the most unusual thing. In all our times to go out there, we had never seen anything like this. I really couldn't believe what we saw: People working on our house. Seriously, every time we have gone out there, whether it be 6 pm or the middle of the day, weekday or Saturday, we have never actually witnessed anyone doing any actual work on our house. Obviously they were working at some point, since our house was growing. Yet we never caught them in the act. One Saturday around 1 pm (see pictures in previous post) all the workers were laying around on our slab listening to Tejano music when we got there. We drove around, walked through 5 or 6 unfinished houses, stopped by the model home to say hi to Mike, and when we went back to our house an hour and a half later, they hadn't moved. That's one heck of a lunch break!
Well today, we were happy to see that most of the rough plumbing and gas, and even some of the siding, has been done, and they are starting to put the protective sheeting on the frame, even still working on it when we arrived at 6:30. They even smiled for our pictures. We took a few, but nothing too exciting today. You can see our shower drain is now in place, and all the windows have been dropped off, and a few are already installed. Hopefully, after this weekend, I'll have some more exciting stories and pictures to share. Since there is even someone in Dubai reading this blog, I wouldn't want to disappoint my international audience.
Our master bedroom window
More windows to install
Master shower drain
Yes, those are workers!
Even got some Hardi-Plank installed today
No comments:
Post a Comment