Without going into the detail that I did in my very first post on this here blog...it has been an exciting year for us and our families. Tomorrow is our one year anniversary. Then, the next exciting happening will be Makinley joining our crazy family. Maybe the Bigham side will lend some sanity to the child. Nancy and I have decided that next weekend is a perfect weekend to drive to Austin. This means that Makinley needs to enter this world sometime next week, and mom and daughter need to be home by Saturday afternoon for our visit. See what you can do, Laura.
Great news this past week is that Mom is healthy and doesn't have to go to MD Anderson for another 6 months. She got to stay with us one night last week, and we really enjoyed having her. She even got to go see the Fitzgerald model home and what there was of our house's frame. And as far as I know she did not snoop around in the attic of the model Fitz like Doris. We were a little disappointed that Brynna was sick...so Dad, Lo, and Brynna did not make the trip. But we had a great time nonetheless.
Now about tomorrow. I can't believe that it has already been a year since our wedding. A year since our crazy, fun reception. A year since my drunk wife puked all night in our honeymoon suite while I watched Sportscenter. A year since our "wonderful" flight to Florida. It really does not seem that long ago. I guess with all the excitement of the past year, time has really flown by.
Not to mention marriage has been much better than I ever imagined. It helps when you are married to the most beautiful, selfless, smartest, funniest woman in the world. God has blessed me with a great family, a great career, great friends, my own clinic, you name it...the blessings are too numerous to count...but for Him to bless me with a girl who can put up with ME...now that's really something. And lemme tell ya, it ain't easy. All I know is that, even though I don't deserve a woman half as wonderful as she is, I am happier with her and love her more than I could have ever imagined.
The best thing about our relationship is that we have fun together. I think that is what keeps her from running off screaming into the night. Well, that and I hide her keys every night. She sometimes even laughs at my jokes, and she makes me laugh more times a day than I can count. It's sappy and cheesy and cliche, but I really do feel like the luckiest guy in the world. I know that the next 50 or 60 years (in The Fitzgerald, of course, cuz I ain't moving again) will be just as much fun as this first one.
Tomorrow we get to eat year-old, dried out, probably freezer burnt wedding cake. But you can tell by looking at me that I think even bad cake is still pretty good.
2 comments:
Hey Randy,
I am not sure how I got your blog, I think Nancy or Roxanne emailed it to me a couple months ago, but I just had to tell you what a kick I get out of reading it - you crack me up!! You and now one of my links at the top of my browser that I check every few days, and I usually have to re-read it to Jay - which then makes him crack up. All this to say - thanks for all the good laughs!!
I still owe you and Nancy dinner at Wings N More, I will be home in a couple of weeks, maybe we can all get together then!
Happy Anniversary!! You have had a great year!
~Heather Motley
PS - in case you are still trying to figure out who I am, I am Roxanne's sister!!
We're always up for some wings! Sounds like a plan. Roxanne can let us know when and where. Have a safe trip.
Post a Comment