Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sportin' Wood

It's amazing how much they framed in just one day. Everyone says this is the fast part, then once it is framed out, the whole process starts dragging. Until then, we will have almost daily updates, I'm sure.

Our house is finally listed and officially for sale. Check out the listing at http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=1479320&backButton=Y
We got our yard mowed in the nick of time. Last week, when we realized we were close to listing the house, and noticed our yard looked like a jungle, we called our trusty yard man. He has always been very reliable and does a good job. I called him last week, and he says he cannot do it, because he is going to Mexico for a week, and won't be back until Sunday March 2. Well, we thought the house would be listed by the middle of last week, so that was not an option. No problem, I told him. We will find someone else to do it. This neighborhood is crawling with people who want to mow our lawn. I hang up and he calls back 5 minutes later. He obviously doesn't want to lose our business, so he has talked one of his buddies into doing it for him. He will have it done by Tuesday, he says. I agree to this plan and all is well.

Tuesday comes along, and now our yard resembles an Amazon rain forest. Wednesday. Thursday. Still a jungle out there. I called and left several messages, but he never called back. Realizing that his friend flaked out on him, I decide, despite the fact that it is dark when I get home, that I can do it. Or at the very least, do it the following weekend. Oops. Evidently my wife gave away our lawn mower to my father-in-law. So unless I want to get on my hands and knees with a pair of scissors or go drop a couple Benjamins on a new mower I will hardly ever use, I can't do it myself. I told him on one of the messages that I would give him until Monday, or call someone else. Nancy won't let me call anyone else until then, despite his not calling me back. Monday rolls around (the day the Real Estate Agent is coming out to take pictures and finalize the listing). So I start calling other places, but evidently the landscaping industry stops answering phones at 3 pm. Monday night, he called me from San Antonio, apologizing profusely for his loser friend, and said he would have it done by 9 am Tuesday. He came today and our yard finally resembles a yard again. But that is why there are no exterior pictures on our listing yet. They are going to come tomorrow and take those. Evidently having a jungle for a front yard is not a big selling point (not unlike toothpaste on the mirror).
Here are some pictures of everything that was done today:






















1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow! They are really moving so fast! And, you got all dressed up for it...how sweet!