Wednesday, February 29, 2012

19 months old

Yesterday, our little man turned 19 months old. Here is his "official" 19 month picture. I didn't get to take it nearly as early in the day as I have in the past, due to him acting like a monkey when I try to take his picture. I needed backup...so we waited for Dad. As you can tell, he is not looking at me but looking at Dad being goofy. Oh well, whatever works...



Before I tell you about all of his "tricks" at 19 months, I wanted to show 2 cute other pictures. Last weekend, we took Jacob to the Katy rodeo. There wasn't a lot he could do, but I felt like we HAD to take him. He did ride a kiddie ride with me and we took him through a haunted house kids ride because he likes to be scared. :o) Here he is, ready to go!



And you all know of his love affair with Yo Gabba Gabba. For Christmas, Carrie, Nick and the kids got him a stuffed Brobee. His favorite thing to do is hug Brobee, and make me hug him multiple times a day.



For his latest "tricks", I thought it would be cute to get a picture of him doing them. I mean, how cute would pictures be of him showing you his belly, rubbing his hair, giving high fives and pounding your knuckles? Well, Jacob was not in the mood. For all of you that think we ALWAYS have such a happy baby...here ya go...















These are just a few examples of what he looks like when he pitches a fit. I didn't get any of him on the ground, but you saw that one when he was in the street with Grandma while we were in Vegas.

So, on to plan B, where I just write about all of the funny things he does now.

-Still loves to show his belly. We all ate at the sandwich shop Potbelly last week, and could not figure out why he kept lifting his shirt. And then Randy and I realized we kept saying the name of the place!

-Will rub his hair when you ask where it is.

-Where is your nose and blow kisses looks exactly the same. He hasn't quite figured out that his nose is ABOVE his mouth.

-He's still mostly just saying Ma-ma and Da-da (actually Da-dee). But I swear he has tried saying dog, up, all done and bubble. It takes a little imagination to understand those last few, but I try.

-Doesn't say hi and bye bye, but LOVES to wave now. I think he's making up for lost time since he took so long to wave.

-Still claps for EVERYTHING.

-Will sorta 'pound' your knuckles when you ask him too. He'll even double pound with both hands!

-As far as noises go, he does like to say uh-oh and mostly uses it appropriately (like when he drops something for the umpteenth time). Sometimes he just gets stuck saying it over and over for no reason.

-After drinking something, he loves to go Ahhhh. Not sure how that comes across on a blog, but imagine drinking something cold after a hot day...it's that noise.

-Recently started doing a yum sound when he eats. Of course, followed by the Ahhh sound and then clapping. :o)

And, because I don't want to forget, we had our first "incident" report at Adventure Kids yesterday. When I went to pick him up, they told me that there was in incident and pulled out a long filled out form. Basically, Jacob was playing by himself on the train table and a little boy came up to him and pinched him on the shoulder. He cried and refused the ice pack (no surprise there). They told me it was red but not bruised or bleeding. They also explained, in detail, where it was located. I signed the form and was told that it would be placed in his 'file'. Needless to say, I could not find it when we got home!! I'm afraid there will be many more forms in his 'file' over the years...I just hope he isn't the pincher!!

~ Nancy

1 comment:

Laura said...

His boots are so cute. That's reason enough to go to the rodeo right there.