Thursday, February 2, 2012

18 month check up

This is not going to be an exciting post, but I like to have it here on the blog because I actually do go back and look at his stats. Jacob had his 18 month appointment today. The doctor actually wasn't as worried about his speech as I thought she would be. The "normal" is for an 18 month old to have between 5 and 15 words. I'd say he has 5 (if you count Yea as a word).

He got one shot and did great! He was more upset about the nurses' hold on him than the actual shot. She lays him on his back, on the exam table, and puts his feet between her legs. My job is to kiss him (tough job) and distract/hold his hands. He wasn't fond of the hold, cried a second for the shot (thankfully only one) and then got juice. He was happy as can be before we even left the exam room! Then he got another sticker so he was really excited.

His official stats are:
Weight: 33 pounds (98%)
Height: 35 inches (97%)
Head: 19.5 inches (89%)


~ Nancy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect in every way!

Amanda said...

Morgan better start eating her wheaties... She's only got five pounds on mighty Jacob!