Before he got sick, I did get some cute/funny pictures of him I wanted to share. First, M and Pa bought him a shape sorter for Christmas this past year. He is really good at it, but gets very frustrated if the shape doesn't fit on the first try. So, he found a good use for it besides playing with the shapes...

Last Friday night, he had another first. I know this is something he should have already been doing, but I'm a neat freak and don't let him get messy enough. You should see his face and hand waving any time his hands get dirty! Anyway, last week I let him hold and eat a pouch of food by himself. I've seen younger kids at Little Gym doing it themselves, but Jacob really likes to squeeze things, so I was worried about the mess. He did great and ate the whole thing by himself!

Saturday morning, he discovered the sheer drapes in the house and looked like a ghost...

Saturday afternoon, we headed to Austin to take family pictures with Randy's side of the family. I'm not sure the photographer realized what she had gotten herself into. His immediate side of the family is 15 people...8 adults and 7 children! Jacob was the most difficult, no surprise there, but the photographer assured us that she got some good shots. We haven't seen anything yet, but we hope she is right! That night, we stayed in a hotel in Austin. Jacob had been sneezing and had a runny nose, and that night he could not sleep. When he woke up crying (and trying to wake up everyone around us) at 4am, we decided to head out. We had breakfast in Austin and headed home. By the time we got home, he had fever and was pretty miserable. We went to the doctor Monday morning, and he tested negative for strep. So, as usual, they say "It's just a virus and could last 5 to 7 days". Those are words I've come to HATE hearing!! I just wish there was something I could give him to make him feel better! Here is what a lot of our week looked like...

You can't see the tv here, but I can guarantee you it was playing Yo Gabba Gabba! He is feeling better now, eating better and not running any fever. However, he now has a hacking cough. But, at least he is in a good mood!
This was him admiring the cute baby in the phone when I turned the camera around on my phone...

This morning I tried to capture how cute he is when he's holding a toy and you say "Hello". At first, he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do with the phone...

Then, he decided to text his buddies...

And finally, some talking on the phone...


While I was getting these photos, he also showed off him impression of Randy. This is the ignore-Mom-while-I'm-watching-tv-face...(Randy does this when football is on)...


And last, just a cute picture of the little boy...

~ Nancy
2 comments:
So sweet! Glad his fever is gone, at least. The pictures turned out great...can't wait for u to see them
I'm so glad that you're blogging again. I love seeing pictures of the cute guy! I'm glad he's feeling better.
Post a Comment