Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Houston Rodeo and other happenings

We definitely have a new word around here. It's "Nooooooooooooo" and is approximately 4 syllables and 3 seconds long. It's the cutest thing ever. However, I have to re-word every question I ask him since he spent 6 months saying "Yeah". On that note, ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) came out to assess him and his lack of speech. He is not behind enough to qualify for their program (which is great) and is really only a few months behind on speech. As for motor skills, he is scoring at a 30 month old range!

A few weekends ago we went to eat lunch and he was looking especially cute...see for yourself.






His favorite game at a restaurant is to pull the straw out of the cup and put it back. It will keep him entertained for 30 minutes. :0)

Two weekends ago, we headed up to Livingston for our first boat ride at my parents house. We also had a great catfish lunch from what my Dad has caught recently. It was a quick trip, but it was fun!



This past weekend, we went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. We went on the only day we could, even though it had been raining all morning. We were there for a few hours (enough to wear him out) before it started raining again. Jacob had a lot of fun, but not necessarily doing the things we wanted him to do. He had the MOST fun when we let him out of the stroller and let him run around. That left one of us pushing an empty stroller (like a crazy person) and another one chasing a toddler (like a crazy person).

One of the first things we did was the pony ride. I thought for sure he would like it since we ride the mechanical pony at Toys R Us. Well, he didn't like it at all when the guy was strapping him in. I was right there and was going to walk the whole thing with him, but he just wanted his momma. The guy stopped immediately and gave me that look like "What should I do". I was that parent that said "Keep going, he'll love it" while Jacob was crying and throwing a fit. Once again, momma knows best because he LOVED it once it started. Here he is riding Little Red.









Never mind that very concerned face in the last one...I promise, he liked it.

Then, we thought he would enjoy the petting zoo. Boy, were we wrong. He wanted NOTHING to do with the animals.

Here is Dad showing him what to do...









(I don't think he's paying attention.)



Here are some of the goats trying to pet him...



Here he is trying to escape the petting zoo...



"You want me to do what?"



"Fine, I'll pet one."



"Can we leave now?"



"Finally...we're leaving!"



After that fun-filled experience, we had to ride some of the rides. He truly did love this. I rode the flying elephants with him...






Dad rode the carousel with him...






And I rode the bouncing caterpillar with him (in the end, his favorite)...








~ Nancy

2 comments:

mommagroom said...

He looks like he's having fun in almost all of those pictures!! I could just squeeze him!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie....nooooooooooo!