1. Two dogs drink twice as much water as one. This may seem obvious to most of you, but it took me a while to catch on. Especially, when one of those dogs (mine) is a high maintenance dog with a condition that makes her drink lots of water. I have not let them run bone dry (yet) but sheesh...
2. This house is super quiet when the dogs and boy go to sleep. I'm used to hearing Randy milling around upstairs and playing on the computer. I'm actually finding it hard to go to sleep when it's so quiet!
3. Single parenting is hard. Real hard. If you ever think that your spouse doesn't do much around the house (I would NEVER say that, by the way), send them away for a few days. By about wine-thirty...errr...I mean 7:30pm, I'm exhausted! This is usually the time I pawn little one off on Randy and go do fun stuff like use the bathroom alone. Since I don't have the privilege of doing that alone, Jacob joins me. But still...I'm exhausted! And I'm not usually much of a wine drinker, but I have had a few these last few days. It helps me fall asleep...see #2.
4. When Randy isn't around, I usually call my mom. Hmmm...haven't been able to do that this week since she is out of the country. So, I get bored.
5. When I get bored, I shop. I hope Randy is winning a lot of money in Las Vegas, because so far, I have bought myself the next 2 books in the Hunger Games series. And Jacob has acquired a new life jacket, his Easter outfit, more clothes, his boots and western wear for the rodeo, a new toy that is a play bar-b-que pit with cabinets to open/close, new sippy cups and new bath toys including bath crayons and color changing water tabs. Wow...Randy may need to catch a flight back to Texas ASAP.
Seriously though, we have had a lot of fun these past few days. We had a play date with some friends at a new park in Katy. Here he is on the relaxing swings that I wished I could have fit in.

And on the bridge that shakes when you walk across it. He doesn't look like he's enjoying it much in this picture, but he loved when I rocked it.

We played with our new crayons and color changing tablets in the bath.


I didn't get a picture of him playing with the new bar-b-que thing, but just imagine him sitting in front of it opening and closing the cabinets and the lid. He does this A LOT.

We tried on part of his western wear...

He fought some fires with Snoopy and that yellow bird outside of Babies R Us.

And last, two pictures that make me laugh. One is Mr. Whiskers doing what he does best...jumping. He really wanted me to pick him up, and I wanted to get a picture of him mid-air. And the last picture is Jacob doing an impression of Randy. (Love ya babe!)


~ Nancy
1 comment:
This whole thing "cracks" me up! Have fun!
Post a Comment