We wanted to do Jacob's room a lot like his last one, but can't really seem to find the time to work on it. Before he was born, Randy and I could spend hours up there painting or whatever, but we never seem to have those hours now. Oh well, life is much more fun now! So, we contacted some of the contractors that worked on this house for Westin (our builder) and got a week's worth of work done (for me and Randy) in about 3 hours. It was awesome. So, here is what Jacob's room looks like now. It should look very familiar to his old one. We did the exact same thing! Randy has not painted any murals on the wall, and he probably will but not sure when. He used to do it after I went to sleep and work for hours up there. The only problem is that Jacob is sleeping in there during that time! My thinking is that once I order Hannah's crib, Jacob can sleep in it for a while and Randy can paint. We'll see...
Anyway...here is his room.

I took more pictures, but you get the point. :o)
Mom and I also made curtains for the breakfast area and the window beside the back door. And by mom and I, I mean that I swiped the credit card and she did all of the sewing! I did help her pick the fabric, and I LOVE them. It really made the room feel cozy.


And, because all new curtains look better with a model showing them off (even a grumpy looking model)...

We also (finally) got our gate installed on our driveway. I LOVE it and love having a space where Shelby, Jacob and I can play in the afternoons. He's a big fan of sidewalk chalk, so we go out there a lot.
This is a picture from the day it got installed. Yes, there is painter's tape on the right, but that is gone now. I also realized, just now, that I need to get a picture of the whole house now. One day...

And, last, a cute little boy playing...

Next up will be a blog about school, swimming and all of the fun stuff we do everyday.
~ Nancy
1 comment:
That sure is a cute little boy on your driveway!!!
Post a Comment