Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween fun...part 1

Today was our first day of Halloween celebrations (if you don't count trying on his costume at home the other night and practicing "Argh" and "Trick or Treat"). Our MOPS group was going to an assisted living facility to show off our costumes and to trick or treat. The kids loved it and the residents REALLY loved it. Here are some of the pictures of my pirate...

Marching through the halls...


Really wanting me to open his Butterfinger...


Taking a break...still has the Butterfinger!


Soooo happy about his "loot"...


See how happy...



He looks like a pilgrim here to me???


Jacob and his Bee buddy Jacqueline...


It's hard to walk to the car and dig in your candy. Don't worry, there weren't many cars around...


After that, we went to a pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin. Randy may not know it yet, but he is the designated pumpkin carver since I'm not sure I can handle the smell. So, picking the pumpkin was the least I could do. :o)

Jacob wasn't too thrilled about sitting on the bench to take pictures...


But he did like this spot! You can no longer count on "Say cheese" to get a good picture out of him. Mainly because he will say cheese and will look like he's saying cheese. Well, apparently at school this week, they worked on what a Happy Face looks like. So, I used that and got a great picture!!


Here's that "Say Cheese" face I was talking about.


He loves to point out pumpkins so he was having a field day here.


He finally found the perfect one. Don't worry...I helped him...



And, of course, he got to pick a little pumpkin. I think he made a good choice!


We are planning on going to our neighborhood Harvest Festival tomorrow. So, that will be Halloween, round 2.

Unfortunately, we had swim lessons this morning (before the assisted living trick or treating) and all played at McDonalds after trick or treating, so I didn't think about bringing his Halloween shirts. I know you are shocked, but he has a few (or 4).

I promise to still blog about how much he loves swimming and LOVES school, but I thought these pictures were just too cute!

~ Nancy

2 comments:

mommagroom said...

The pictures are cute but he's the cutest!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it!