


Shelby really wanted to help, but settled for just keeping her eye on him.

I'm pretty sure you are supposed to choose a face and decorate your pumpkin. However, that's not how Jacob does it. Here is the final product (which, by the way, changes daily because he likes to peel them off).

And, if course, with all of the talk about "mouth", "nose", and "eyes", it was only a matter of time until the stickers went to his face.




And then Daddy's.


Then, on Saturday, we ventured to the Harvest Festival that our new neighborhood puts on. It wasn't huge but was fun for us and Jacob (and more than our old neighborhood did).


As much as he loves farm animals now, it was difficult to convince him to go hang out behind the picture below. He really wanted to name the animals...over and over again. But we did get him as a cow and a pig. (I probably should have cropped these pictures so you can't see Randy's hat, Jacob's hands or their feet, but I forgot.)


Probably his favorite part of the festival was riding the pony. He wasn't crazy about them last time he rode them (at the Houston Rodeo), but he hung on pretty well and rode them a few times. I still have a hard time picking my favorite pictures, so you get to see a lot of them.




He also ventured into the petting zoo. He hated this last time, but was better this time. Better as in he touched a donkey. But that was about it. At one point, the goats were cornering him and Dad had to rescue him!

Then we had our most traumatic moment of the day. Let's start with earlier in the day when we attended a birthday party at an inflatable place. He finally went on the biggest slide they have (probably 20 feet tall) and LOVED it. He did it about 15 times and I even videoed it to show Randy. From the petting zoo, he was already eyeing the inflatable slide (not quite as tall). So, we went over, took his shoes off and he climbed right up. We are not sure why, but then he had a meltdown and would not slide. All he would do is lay on his stomach and cry. So, I had to go rescue him. Let me tell you....the other kids were none too thrilled to move to the side and let the pregnant woman climb to the top. Then, when I got up there, I realized coming back down the ladder thing would be too hard so I had to make Jacob slide, and I had to slide myself. I'm pretty sure pregnant women should not do that. Anyway, here is the picture right before the meltdown.

And, as any good parents would do, we got him the one thing that can cure ANY meltdown...a "coke". Really, it was a Sprite but he doesn't care. He was immediately cured.


Once he was better, he went to play with Daddy.

And even wore his sunglasses (some). He calls sunglasses "sexies" so it's hilarious when he puts them on b/c he points to his face and says "JJ's sexies".

He did bounce some in the bounce house (without having a meltdown) and even tried some of the flips the bigger kids were doing.


I recently read a blog post about Moms that don't take pictures with their kids enough and about how we really should get in the picture more. So, I'm trying to do that. We did get a few cute pictures of the two of us. (By the way, if you have not read it, google The Mom Stays in The Picture blog and grab some tissues. It's great.)


We ended the festival with more pony rides and then headed home. Like I said, it wasn't huge but it was perfect for Jacob's age and we all had fun!


~Nancy
2 comments:
I think Randy looks nice with stickers on his face!!
I never take pictures with myself either, I really don't like being in them, even though I know I should. Maybe I should read that blog.
Post a Comment