Back in December, Randy and I took our 3rd trip (together) to Las Vegas. It was supposed to be 3 couples going, but one couple backed out, so there were just 4 of us there. We had a great time, although, like everyone else, we didn’t win money! I can’t figure it out…we’ve never won money in Las Vegas, yet we keep going back. We have won in Lake Charles, and we haven’t been back since. Hmmm…
Mommagroom (Grandma) came to our house to stay with Jacob. It’s much easier to watch him in an already child proofed home, than to watch him and constantly wonder what he’ll get into next. This was our first time to be away from him for 3 nights, but he was in good hands.
We left on a Thursday morning, on a random weekend that we booked for no specific purpose. We did NOT realize that it was National Final Rodeo weekend in Vegas…until we boarded our plane. Basically, Randy and I were the only ones not in cowboy boots and a big hat. Plus, it was about 8am so we were pretty calm (and sober). These rodeo folks were not calm(or sober)! They were loud and drinking the whole way there. It was actually pretty funny. At one point, I went to the bathroom on the plane and the flight attendant said they were about to run out of liquor and that they never run out of liquor on this early morning flight!
We made it fine, although we could barely hear the movie we watched on our iPad. Scott met us in Vegas (Kyndra had to come a day late due to work) and the fun began. We stayed at the Luxor this time and really liked it. I liked that it is connected to 2 other hotel/casinos, because the day we got there it was snowing in the mountains and very cold! Randy and Scott were both wearing shorts, so people really wondered where they had come from!
The day we left, Jacob and Grandma had lunch together at James Coney Island. This is pretty much my mom’s favorite place to eat, and nobody will eat there with her. So, why not take the little one who can’t protest? He doesn't look too thrilled to be eating there in the first picture, but Grandma made up for it by getting him some ice cream.
This is his Mama-always-takes-me-to-Chick-fil-A-face.
Hmmm...maybe this place isn't so bad after all!
While waiting for Scott, the Luxor had a machine where you push a button, wait 5 seconds, and it takes your picture and emails it to you. I was pretty impressed. I guess I don’t get out much because I had never seen one of these before! As you can tell from the picture, we had been traveling most of the morning and were pretty tired.
This is a view from our room. This was when it was snowing and some of the white on the buildings you see is snow. I still get very excited to see snow, although I would never want to live where it snows. Randy and Scott missed all of this because they were at the casino. So, I had to take a picture for them.

The next day, Jacob and Grandma attempted to go to the mall play area. Katy Mills Mall has a great indoor play area that is not too crowded during the week. Jacob and I go often. However, there was a bully that pushed Jacob down and made him cry. So, Grandma scooped him up and headed to McDonalds. I’m not sure what dance/song combo she had to do to get him to take the 2nd picture here, but it is my all-time favorite. It was a great feeling to be in Vegas and get this picture to know he is having fun!
All dressed up and ready to go. Hopefully, Grandma didn't let him take his bath toy with him.

LOVE this picture! It's currently the wallpaper on my phone.
This is where Grandma scores points with him to let him have some of her Diet Soda. Thanks to Randy, Jacob LOVES him some diet soda.
That same day, in Vegas, we headed over to the Venetian just to look around. It’s so pretty and they were just decorating for Christmas.



Lunch was a buffet at Treasure Island. I wasn’t very excited about the food, but the dessert buffet made up for it. I love me some desserts…especially cotton candy. So, I had to take a picture to send mom of my great dessert plate. I didn’t eat it all (except the cotton candy) so quit judging me. :o)
Scott and Randy, while waiting for the buffet.
Don't judge...there's fruit in there!! While in Vegas, I did talk Randy into doing an oxygen bar with me. I have done them before and love it. This was a first for Randy and he wasn’t crazy about it. But doesn’t he look cute (and super thrilled to be paying $1/minute for this)??


Saturday, Jacob and Grandma had some visitors at the house. My cousin, Debra, and her husband, Craig, were in Katy to visit some other friends and stopped by. Jacob loved that the weather was warm and someone could push him in his swing (or he loved playing with the strap, either way...).

Corn dogs for dinner…he’s loving this treatment from Grandma!
That night, Grandma and Jacob snuggled and watched some Yo Gabba Gabba (this is the only way to get him to sit still on your lap).
Well, that was our trip. It was really more of what Jacob did while we were gone, but isn’t that the reason you visit this blog? Oh yeah, and the highlight of my trip was watching a guy bet $1400 on one blackjack hand (at the $10 per hand table, mind you) and win. He was really trying to be $700, his last bet at our table, but ended up with a hand that he really needed to double down. So, he did and won. It really made the fact that I doubled down, $20 total bet and was sweating it, and WON seem insignificant. :o)
By the way, I have learned that blogger and I don't get along too well. You would not believe how long it took me to do this one post! So, in the future, I do plan to blog more often than Randy (easy task) but they will need to be shorter and have less pictures!!
~Nancy
2 comments:
Three blogs in ONE week? You're making me look bad. :)
I LOVE all this blogging!!! Keep it up!
Post a Comment