Since my lovely wife did such an outstanding job on her contribution to this blog, she will now be considered an official contributor (unpaid, of course). And by contributor, I mean she will probably do most of the writing, while I continue to procrastinate.
Before I get on with the details of our Christmas festivities, a little public service announcement: To those of you with dogs and/or cats, please watch what you leave laying around and watch what they put in their mouths. In the past 6 months, I have seen an absurd number of cases of dogs and cats eating weird objects. Maybe it is something Al Qaida is putting in the water, or solar flares, or Obama, but these pets have been eating the strangest crap. A cat that comes in about once a month for me to endoscopically remove the ponytail holders it is addicted to swallowing. Sometimes 10 or more at a time. A dog that swallowed a used tampon whole (one of Nancy's friend's even). An 8 pound dog that swallowed an entire, intact cloth sleep mask. A lab that ate 4 golf ball-sized rocks. A Yorkie that swallowed a Victoria's Secret thong whole. A cat that swallowed an entire ball of yarn by unraveling it, inch by inch. And probably a few more I am forgetting. All in the past 6 months. Craziness. On a positive note, my surgery income has recently grown substantially. Can you say Maui?
Nancy, Jacob, and I, along with Nancy's parents celebrated Christmas Eve at Brandl, Danielle, Brooke, and Tyler's house. We watched some football, ate some great food, drank some beer, opened some presents (a few for us, a LOT for the kiddos), and just hung out for a few hours. Incidentally, opening presents with Nancy's family is much more organized than at my parents' house. A few less kids definitely helps. I kinda like having both extremes...keeps things interesting.
After all the fun, we all went to church for the Candlelight Service. Jacob was even reasonably well-behaved, even if it did take some "creative distraction". (Is it against the rules for Yo Gabba Gabba to be playing on your iPhone while you are in church??)
Nancy's parents came back to Katy with us on Christmas Eve, and stayed Sunday too so that Nancy and I could go on a movie date.
For New Years Eve, Nancy and I went to the Aggie bowl game at Reliant Stadium, and witnessed a victory for the Ags, which we didn't get to see a lot of this Fall. Nancy's parents came down and watched Jacob for us, since he gets fidgity by the end of his favorite bedtime book,
Pajama Time, meaning he certainly doesn't have the attention span for a football game. On the way back from the game, Nancy and I stopped and got some fireworks. It was a wild and crazy NYE. By 9 pm, all the fireworks were gone and everyone was in bed by ten. No one even sniffed midnight.
I think that about recaps the crazy holiday season. Never a dull moment in the Wiltshire and Groom families.
Some pictures:
 |
| trying on his lifejacket for riding on Grandma and Grandpa's boat |
 |
| The Kiddos |
 |
| Family picture |
 |
| Paul and Doris with their favorite child |
 |
| The whole clan |
 |
| Something is seriously wrong with these people |
 |
| Brookie |
 |
| Santa does indeed rock |
 |
| Showing off his belly |
 |
| Brandl high-fiving Jacob after he finally pulled within 100 points of his opponent in his fantasy football championship |
 |
| Tyler looks like he is up to something |
 |
| The paper is much cooler than the gift |
 |
| He loves his new chair |
 |
| Told you |
 |
| Seriously. Loves. It. |
 |
| Did NOT love the Santa hat. This is not as much a loving embrace as it is restraint |
 |
| Hanging out with Dad |
 |
| Bye Bye |
1 comment:
Too funny! Maybe you could write you own "swallowed" book!
Post a Comment