Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Howdy...from his better half!

As you've all probably noticed, Randy doesn't seem to blog enough. So, I'm going to be helping him out some. I'll still wait to let him blog about Christmas, Part 2 with the Groom side of the family. That blog, fingers crossed, will be posted BEFORE Christmas 2012. (In his defense, he is very busy at work.)




Let me warn you all ahead of time, I'm not nearly as funny as Randy. However, I also don't exaggerate to make my spouse look silly like he may or may not do. But, I do come with pictures of an extremely cute little boy, so I'm hoping that makes up for it. (That's assuming I can figure out how to put pictures on this thing!!).




So, for my first blog, I thought I would share our rocking past Saturday night with you all. As you know, pre-Jacob, we would have probably been out at a bar watching the first ever Texans playoff game. However, that occurred during nap time, so we were at home for the game. But then they won (YEA!) so we felt the need to celebrate. Therefore, we went to Chuck E Cheese for our celebration. Both Randy and I think we have each been to Chuck E Cheese only once in our lifetimes, so we didn't really know what to expect and didn't know how much Jacob would like it. It was a lot of fun, even for a 17 month old, but the crowd was, ummmm, interesting to say the least. Randy loaded up with twice as many tokens as we needed, and off we went.




First is Jacob on the Teletubbies ride. As we expected, he was just as interested in the seat belt (his favorite part of any high chair) as the ride itself. He did pause for a moment to look up, but had no time to smile.


Then it was time to ride the baby swing. He actually held on and went sorta high, and he loved it! The "ride" didn't go all of the way around, just up to the left, then down and up to the right. As you can see from the smile, he enjoyed going high. I think I may be in trouble for the future with a kid AND a husband that likes roller coasters!!


Then was the car ride with the famous mouse himself. The ride was supposed to take their picture, but was broken so I took a pretty cute one. This is where the interesting crowd came in. When we got to this "ride", there was a little boy on it. He hadn't put a token in and was just sitting there...unattended. Keep in mind, he was most likely younger than Jacob. So, we waited. Nothing. So, we started asking if he was all done. He just stared at us. So, we waited. Then we asked if Jacob could have a turn. He just stared at us. So, we waited. Then we asked where his Mommy was. He just stared at us. So, we waited. Finally, his mom (I guess) came and rescued her child. She had been a little too busy eating pizza to worry about her child. Anyway, Jacob got to ride with Mr. Cheese himself.



Next was the horse. I was afraid it would be too rough for him. But it was broken. Never fear, Randy can shake the horse enough for Jacob to enjoy it and it didn't cost us a token! (On second thought, maybe this was why the ride was broken???) Then we moved on to the bike. It had a steering wheel, which he loved but he couldn't reach the pedals. But we could! When you pedaled, it moved the bike up into the air. If you pedaled fast, he would go above my head. He loved that part!
Almost done here...still with me? Next was the little carousel. It was great when he noticed the panel next to him was a mirror and there was a super cute baby he could see. He got so excited that he clapped (always!) and almost fell off his horse. So, Randy had to walk around the carousel with him the whole time!

Last, we tried a sit in the chair, watch a roller coaster and the seat moves with the coaster. Although he seems to be doing well in this picture, he wasn't digging it and just wanted to get up.
And, of course, we had to do a family picture in the photo booth where it then "sketches" your picture and prints it out. It came out pretty cute. This is a picture I took of it with my phone, so it's not great. Well, that was our rocking Saturday night at the Wiltshire house. Hope you enjoyed it!!



P.S. - Please don't make fun of Jacob's high water pants. I noticed, at Chuck E Cheese, of course, that he was sportin' man-pris. This boy grows so fast that I can't keep up. He does have pants that fit him, I promise.



P.P.S. - I like comments! I know Randy has said this a few times (that he would blog more if people commented more) but I mean it!! And don't judge my spelling or grammar...I was a math teacher and now fry my brain daily with Yo Gabba Gabba.



~Nancy



6 comments:

mommagroom said...

That's great!! I love it! I'm so glad that someone in that house is blogging so that we can all see pictures!!

mommagroom said...

That's great!! I love it! I'm so glad that someone in that house is blogging so that we can all see pictures!!

Amanda said...

Man-pris is my new favorite word ever. Welcome to blogosphere, Nancy!
PS we saw a lot of those "lost" children when we were there too.

Laura said...

Yippee! I am so glad to read something on this blog again!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I love to read this blog, even though up until now it has been a LONG time between!

PS Randy is wrong...he has been to chuckE cheese more times than I can count! :-). Nice to know he has good memories!

Nancy said...

@Mommagroom - leaving the same comment twice is not what I meant by leave lots of comments!

@Amanda - I think Randy may have started man-pris when we were in Boulder, Colorado. There were LOTS of them there.

@M - My mom says she took me lots of places too. But I don't remember so it doesn't count.