Monday, January 16, 2012

It's all about me, me, me!!

Since I think we can all agree that Randy is finished blogging, I decided to write a blog all about me! Honestly, I'm also using a new blog app (since I didn't like blogging on blogger) and using my new wireless keyboard with my iPad. So, this is really a test blog for these two things. I saw this kind of post on another person's blog, and thought it would be fun.

I'll reward you with a cute picture of the little boy at the end. :0)

Some of you know me well, and some of you may not. Did you know these things about me???

-I absolutely cannot eat yogurt with a metal spoon. I eat it, almost every day, with a plastic spoon. This started in college, thanks to one of my roommates, who convinced me that eating yogurt with a metal spoon changed it's flavor. I have since converted other people. Try it...you'll see.

-I love iced tea, but I'm extremely picky about it. I cannot stand tea that tastes instant or tastes like someone needs to clean their tea maker. I blame my mom for this one. I remember, many times, being at a restaurant and her sending her tea back and telling the waiter to have the tea pot cleaned. Randy swears he can't really tell a difference when I taste a bad one, but it's for real. And on that note, I never thought I would meet anyone that can drink as much ice tea as me at a restaurant, but I've met my match with Randy. Our waiters don't really like us...

-Before Jacob was born, I would NEVER use a shopping cart that was left in the parking lot. In my mind, the stacked ones near the door were "clean" and the ones in the parking lot were "dirty". I don't have anyone to blame for this one, just something in my head. Now that I have a toddler, I'll park next to a cart just to immediately put him in it. So, I guess I'm over this one.

-I HATE beans. Most of you know this...just wanted to remind you.

-My all-time favorite TV show is Golden Girls. I've seen every single episode, but will still watch it any and every time I find it on TV. If it comes on during Yo Gabba Gabba, sorry Jacob. :o)

-My all-time favorite movie is The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. I saw this at a very young age (don't know why) and have always loved it. I can quote most of the movie and sing all of the songs.

-I LOVE doing laundry. It's the one chore that I would never give up and would probably do for other people too. It's one of the first things I do every single morning. Usually, my laundry is washed, dried, folded and put away before Jacob's morning nap. I'm not sure why, but it feels great. I have to be careful not to wear the same outfit everyday, because I could.

-If I had it my way, my bedtime would be about 8pm. I know that is unreasonable, so I shoot for 10pm each night. Randy would tell you 9pm, but I'm not usually asleep until a little after 10. Also, I would wake up most mornings between 6 and 7am. I think I get this from my Dad as my mom is a night owl.

-Baby poop does not freak me out. I tried explaining this to my parents, and didn't do a good job, so I hope I can do better here. I never thought about it much before having Jacob. However, when you are in the hospital with your first born child, it seems that is all the nurses care about. I mean, they are great nurses, but I felt like I could tell them anything about Jacob, or ask any question, and their response was always "Did he poop?". They even made us keep a little chart with his poops and pees. So, I think that trained my mind that a pooping baby = everything is working on the inside. So, for at least his first year, I felt that way. I'm a little over that now, but still don't get grossed out by it.

That's my list. Did you know all of that about me?

And as promised, here is a cute picture of the little boy. He loves when I turn the camera around on my iPhone so he can see himself as I'm taking a picture. (Also why this picture is low quality)








That's all about me, me, me! So, leave me a comment, and tell me one quirky thing about you.

~Nancy

6 comments:

mommagroom said...

I'm a little shocked that you think it's okay to put Jacob in a dirty shopping cart that's been sitting in the parking lot.
I can't tell you anything quirky about me because there is nothing!!!

mommagroom said...

AND...I LOVE all this blogging!!!

The Doodys said...

I'm so glad somebody in your house is blooging again! I'm so far behind.

One thing that is quirky about me right now is I can NOT watch Gavin brush his teeth, it makes me sick to my stomach (but that's not abnormal these days).

Anonymous said...

Your father in law thinks you belong in an institution!

Love that you're blogging!

Nancy said...

@Mommagroom - I don't let him touch the dirty cart. I use the most wonderful shopping cart cover that you made me. I probably need to wash that thing...I do love some laundry!

@Devin - I keep checking your blog too. Just pick up where you are now and forget about the time lost. It gets too hard. That's funny about Gavin brushing his teeth. Is it just Gavin or Bjorn too?

@M - Tell Pa that I could have told him that from day one.

Amanda said...

So, wireless keyboard... Love it? I'm loving mine!

You know most of my quirks but I'll add that I get ridiculously excited for the month of November as it means McDonald's Monoply contest time. I never win anything and usually gain about 5 lbs. eating more from McDs in that month then the rest of the year combined. It's a little sad. :)