Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tick Tock

Wow. Has it really been 5 weeks since I blogged? What a slacker I am.

Nancy had her latest ultrasound yesterday and doctor's appointment today. Everything looks good with J-Dub. He is 7 lbs 13 oz. Which is great. At birth. Trouble is, we are still 3-4 weeks away. But the doc says Nancy is good to go because she has child-bearing hips. I'm not sure what that means, but with the distance I saw the doctor stick her hand up there, I guess she would know better than anyone.

Our house is beginning to look like the showroom at Babies R Us. What was once a spacious house now has baby paraphernalia in every nook and cranny. Yes, I am under 85 years old and said 'nook and cranny'. I think, at last count, we have 74 strollers. I have learned that baby strollers are sorta like Nancy's shoes. She must have different ones for every occasion, they cost way too much, and chances are most of them will sit there taking up space while she only uses the one she really likes. We have so many different types of strollers that I lost track of what the difference between them is. I know one of them is a jogging stroller. The last time either of us went jogging was during the Clinton administration, but that was somehow a must-have.

Now that we have all this crap we probably will never use, I don't think we have room for a baby. So Jacob is gonna have to stay at the inlaws. Even if we make room and are able to let him stay here, there is certainly no room for any toys or spare diapers. Poor kid.

I am blogging earlier in the evening than normal because, although Nancy is still awake, she is not paying any attention to me, because some riveting show called Big Brother is currently on. Should I be offended that she would rather watch complete strangers eat and brush their teeth than talk to me?

So, with J-Dub currently measuring 2 weeks bigger than he should be, the conventional wisdom is that he will be here before his due date of August 13th. My guess is July 31st. Nancy thinks July 27th. Make your guesses in the comments section. The closest guess wins a jogging stroller.

10 comments:

The Doodys said...

I will go with the 27th. That is my dad's birthday and so I think everybody born on that day is super special.

The Doodys said...

Oh and Randy yes you are a slacker. I've out bloged you and that almost never happens.

Laura said...

I guess august 12th. I bet he hangs in there just to mess with you and I could use a good jogging stroller. Not for jogging, of course.

Nancy said...

Laura...are you crazy? I thought you were my friend!!!

Actually, if he does hang in there, I'm still wanting Monday the 9th so the birthday would be 8-9-10. But I'm pretty ready so as soon as she gives the green light to induce, I'm there!!

Unknown said...

I'm gonna go with August 4th... and I would actually use the jogging stroller! And Randy, Big Brother just kinda sucks you in. Enjoy your peace and quiet because it's not going to last very long. :)

Anonymous said...

I have August 5th, 9 lbs. 12 oz....but you can keep the stroller!

And yes, they really do have AT LEAST 50...and 2 monitors...and enough clothing, etc. with his name and/or initials on it to last him through kindergarten!

This is going to be one special little guy!

Anonymous said...

August 1st.

this is from Pa...he can't figure out how to leave a comment.

Amanda said...

I'm guessing labor starts the evening of the 25th with delivery on the 26th. This is solely based on the full moon occuring at 8:30 p.m. on the 25th. :o)

PS D will kill me if I end up with another stroller, so if I win I will have to respectfully decline.

Unknown said...

poWE are both very excited to hear that we get Jacob. I'm so excited that I can't wait!! You are all welcome to come visit him and take him for walks...you'll have to carry him...we don't have strollers!

Unknown said...

Doris' guess for birth date is: August 2.
Paul's guess is August 5.
We'll still be excited to take Jacob and if we win our visitors won't have to carry him for walks!