Well, I went and did it. My little joke has backfired.
The doctor is going to induce Nancy this Wednesday. Yes, like in 36 hours.
Turns out Nancy has a mild case of Cholestasis of Pregnancy. This means that her gall bladder is not emptying like it should, which causes bile to build up. If she carried Jacob for 2 more weeks, then there would be an increased risk of fetal distress, meconium inhalation, and general bad juju. So he's coming earlier than planned. It is caused by the increased hormones present with pregnancy, and it goes away ahortly after delivery.
Jacob checked out perfectly today at the doctor. Her amniotic fluid, JKW's heartbeat etc were all perfect. So it is more of a precaution than anything.
We'll see how successful I am at finding a relief vet for Wednesday and Thursday. I think Nancy would appreciate it if I was there.
2 comments:
Consider this the first lesson in what will become the rule. Kids can and will jack-up your plans at their discretion. :o)
That being said, welcome to the roller coaster. It's a blast!
So excited for you guys. I'm here if you need anything.
Post a Comment