Friday, July 16, 2010

She looks a little flushed

Last week, I noticed more and more often that I would go to use the bathroom and there would be used toilet paper in the toilet. After about the fifth time, I had decided that Nancy was just losing her mind due to the hormones of pregnancy and forgetting to flush the toilet after she urinates. Well, it kept happening. So I had my own little intervention with her. I've watched the show Intervention enough to know how to do this. I wrote my thoughts down and read them to her:

"Your forgetting to flush the toilet has affected my life negatively in the following ways:

1. Our bathroom smells like piss all the time.
2. It creeps me out a little when I pee and it hits the used toilet paper instead of the toilet water. Just doesn't sound quite right.
3. Our bathroom smells like piss. "

I was about halfway through the intervention, when Nancy dropped a bomb on me. She wasn't forgetting to flush the toilet. She was not flushing the toilet on purpose. Evidently she has decided that, since she has to pee every 20 minutes now that there is a 7 pound fetus playing soccer with her bladder, flushing every time she pees is a waste of water. Why not let the foul-smelling bodily fluids just sit there and ferment for a while? After ten or twelve rounds have built up, and our whole house smells like a porto-potty, then it will be permissable by Al Gore for her to flush the damn toilet.

Seriously.

On the bright side, at least as far as I know, she is still flushing the toilet every single time she "drops the kids off at the pool". Of course, if she had to do that every 20 minutes too, who knows?

Jacob, please hurry up. Before your mom's craziness rubs off on me.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Randy sleeps on the couch tonight!!!

I can't believe he blogged about this. Big trouble...

Anonymous said...

Nothing's sacred with him!

Amanda said...

Oh man, I am laughing so hard I can barely breathe. Not because of the post, but because poor Randy obviously didn't get the "Don't Mess with the Majorly Pregnant Women" Memo. He just took his life into his own hands and didn't even realize it. Good thing you have a couch at the clinc, Randy... Hee hee. :o)