Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Stroller Derby

Well, it looks like my Mom and Mr. Paul Groom are the odds-on favorites for the coveted stroller prize. At Nancy's doctor's appointment today, they decided that they would induce her on August 5th if she has not already gone into labor. It is still too soon to call August 5th the winning guess, though...because a lot can happen in 15 days. Although she is not dilated at all yet, and only 50% "soft". Being the medically curious guy that I am, I tried to talk her into letting me do periodic pelvic exams on her, so that when labor finally does start, I can quickly tell if we needed to go to the hospital or not. "C'mon, I'm a doctor" has not worked well so far.

If it all goes down on that day, then we'll have to come to some sort of compromise on the stroller. I'm betting I can get Paul to give up the rights to his share of the prize for a case of beer and dinner at Orleans. That way my Mom can have a stroller to wheel J-Dub around while Nancy and I are at the Aggie football games.

I've gotta get on the horn to try and find a relief vet for August 5th and 6th...so I gotsta go. Bye.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

And, girls, get ready to say "Awwwwwww....."

That date is 4 years since we got engaged!!

So, obviously, I liked the date!!

Randy said...

Haha...I had no idea. You remember the date when we got engaged? that's weird.

Nancy said...

Just more proof that you don't listen to me! I told you this last night or the night before...

Randy said...

Huh? Did you say something? Sorry, I wasn't listening.

Andrea H. said...

A LOT can happen in these next couple weeks. I had an appointment at week 36 with NO progress. Caleb came the following week. In fact, while in the hospital that morning, I told the OB she had an opening at 11:15 since that was supposed to be my 37 week check up. You might want to have a relief vet on standby.