Nancy and I were talking the other day about how loooong this pregnancy seems. When other people are pregnant, it seems to fly by. One minute they are announcing they are pregnant, and boom! the next day they have a baby. Then the next day the kid's 7 years old. But it seems like it has been about 3 years since we found out we were pregnant. And we still have 8 weeks til the due date.
Nancy had a doctor's appointment Tuesday and all is well. JKW is still measuring a little on the big side...so maybe it won't be quite 8 weeks.
Pregnant women are funny. Nancy gets weirder every day. Examples:
1. She cannot have a meal without dropping food on her chest at least once. Usually it is several times. We have tossed around several theories. One is that her lady lumps are gargantuan and stick out farther than normal, and thus catch the food as it is dropped. Another theory is that with her huge belly, she sits farther back from the table and leans back, making it a longer trip to her mouth, giving the food more opportunity to lose its balance. Or maybe, since she is eating for two, she is taking bites that are twice as big. Bigger bites + same size fork= more food on the shirt.
2. She goes to bed at 9pm...sometimes 9:30 now that she is not working. That's not the weird part, as she has done that since long before she was pregnant. After she goes to bed, I usually go upstairs to my computer and play. Almost every night, about 11 pm, I hear moaning coming from our bedroom downstairs. The first few times, I hollered downstairs to see if she was okay, only to wake her up and her have no idea what I am talking about. Then one time she made such a gawd-awful noise that I thought she was in labor. Shelby even barked, which I took to be the equivalent of Lassie telling me that Timmy was trapped in the well...so I ran downstairs to see what was wrong. Nothing. Just sleeping. And now none too happy that I had woken her up...again.
3. I can't get even one finger on to her side of the bed after she is asleep, she groans, throws a minor hissy fit, and yells at me that I am making her hot. Somehow she senses this even in the middle of snoring, drool-on-her-pillow REM sleep. If I laugh at her, it usually makes things worse, so I try to refrain. Try.
3. I can't get even one finger on to her side of the bed after she is asleep, she groans, throws a minor hissy fit, and yells at me that I am making her hot. Somehow she senses this even in the middle of snoring, drool-on-her-pillow REM sleep. If I laugh at her, it usually makes things worse, so I try to refrain. Try.
4. Sometimes she gets up to pee three times before I even go to bed. That's not so much funny as...well, yeah, I guess it kinda is.
She has always made me laugh, but this pregnancy thing is pure comedy gold.
She had her baby shower this past weekend. Me, Dad, Scott, and Nick took the kids swimming and for ice cream for two hours while the women did...well, whatever it is that women do at these things. All I know is that we got a lot of gifts. One of them was this, which I think is pretty funny:
She had her baby shower this past weekend. Me, Dad, Scott, and Nick took the kids swimming and for ice cream for two hours while the women did...well, whatever it is that women do at these things. All I know is that we got a lot of gifts. One of them was this, which I think is pretty funny:
Here are some pictures from the weekend:
Amanda, Nancy, and Marci
Nancy and her cake
Doris, Debra, Kelsey, Joanna, and Nancy doing...something
Jacob's disguise for robbing a bank? No idea
It looks like there was classwork at this shower. Glad I was at the pool.
Either decorations at the shower or our dryer is broken
Nancy opening her bag of Aggie gear. It is really cool.
Chase, Nick, Carrie, Caitlyn, me, Brynna, and Logan watching tv
Nancy's cake, which Marci, of course, made from scratch
Kelsey, Doris and Joanna
me and Brynna


3 comments:
I cannot be held responsible for the things I do while sleeping. I'm not even sure I believe him...he does have a vivid imagination!!
Yes, he does. From experience, you should believe approximately 20%...the rest is embellishment.
More like 3 weeks now...you need to catch up!
Post a Comment