Friday, April 23, 2010

The Nursery

We have started the time-honored tradition of painting the nursery. We are going with a two-color plus chair rail approach, complete with a sports-themed semi-mural. This past weekend, we got our required supplies and got to work. Nancy insisted on a double layer plastic drop cloth, because evidently, she thinks I am messy. I have no idea where she gets these things in her head. We also bought her a fancy respirator because, although I will be doing the bulk of the painting, she just cannot completely turn me loose without supervision. I think she has control issues. So she needs to be able to go into the toxic gas chamber of paint fumes to critique my work and offer "suggestions". Here are some before and after photos of our progress so far:








We also had our latest ultrasound on Thursday. Everything is looking great with JKW so far. He is a little big for his age at the 76th percentile, but healthy nonetheless. The pictures we got are not quite as good this time, since we had an incompetent ultrasound tech. But here they are:


While this may look (to mere amateurs) like he is sucking his thumb, our bitchy ultrasound tech insists he is not. He obviously was, but whatever.

A kind of creepy picture of JKW's face. It kind of looks like that "face" on Mars.

Tomorrow is Brooke and Tyler's birthday party AND Brynna's birthday party. Since we can't be two places at once, we gave Brynna her 47 birthday presents two weeks ago when we went up for Carrie and Nick's wedding. I think it has been since around Christmas since we have seen Brooke and Tyler, so we hope they remember us :) We are going to have to break the news to them that Jorge's name has changed. I hope they take it well.
That's about it for now. Nancy is 24 weeks today, which makes Jacob the size of a kumquat, or eggplant, or something...for those of you keeping score.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the color and can't wait to see the mural.....Nancy NEEDS to have control issues with you!