Thursday, September 27, 2012

Jacob...lately

Since I no longer do his monthly pictures (thank goodness), I really no longer do updates on what he is up to. So, I thought I would update all of you blog readers (grandparents) even though most of you have already seen/heard him do these things!
-Numbers: He is a counting fool. Well, up to 10. He loves counting from 1 to 10 and gets it right every time. He refuses to accept that 11 and 12 are numbers, will agree with you about 13, 14, and 15, and knows 16 through 20. However, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 are sometimes in a random order.
He LOVES to point out numbers wherever we go. A grocery shopping trip with him is similar, I assume, to shopping with a small Rain Man. By the way, I love to shop on Sundays (during his nap) and while Jacob is in school.
-Letters: He knows all of his capital letters. He's very confused that lower case letters exist. He even (mostly) knows the order they go in. Up until about 2 weeks ago, "W" was "dub dub" which we thought was really cute so we never tried to fix it. But, I think his school did. So, now when he sings his alphabet, he says "W" but then doesn't have time to say "X" so he skips it. Great teaching they are doing there!! By the way, when he sings it, he prefers to start at Q...cheater.
-Colors: He still knows them all (red, blue, yellow, green, white, black, purple, pink and peach) and has for a while. He can identify them correctly and sign them all. When he doesn't know the word for something, he just tells me what color it is.
-Songs: He loves songs, but prefers for you to sing. He does sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat all day long (his version) but would prefer to demand other songs for you to sing. I blame Memaw (my mom...who we called Grandma but Jacob calls Memaw) because she took his orders.
-School: He has gone to school 5 times now and seems to like it. He cried one morning when the car pool lady came to the car to get him, but usually he does not. He is SO excited to get in the car when I go pick him up. I don't get much feedback from his teacher other than he "napped" (I'll believe it when I see it) and had a lot of fun.
-Vocabulary: He can pretty much say anything now and amazes me daily with words I didn't know he knew. He's really starting to string them together and says "I clap" or "I bounce" or "I run". He also likes to hand me things and say "Here ya go Mamma". Oh, and he likes to throw me a ball (or whatever) and THEN say "Catch".
I'm sure there is more, but "sissy" and I might need a nap today. So, I'll end with a few cute pictures of him...
He's a big fan of Texas Roadhouse rolls, but mostly likes the butter.




Safety glasses at Hobby Lobby...you just never know.




His teacher gave him a present on Meet the Teacher day and he was SO excited that it was "Me Mouse" and "Peeto" (Mickey Mouse and Pluto).




Playing with Daddy on the night before his first day of school.




He and Daddy while we waited to eat at El Jarrito for my birthday.




Daddy and I headed to College Station last weekend for the football game, and Jacob got to stay at home with Memaw and Pa Pa. That means he got to hang out naked after his bath. She also made him do homework...see...




We are slowly but surely working on the house. It 'kinda' looks like someone (other than a toddler) lives here. My next post will be showing off some of our hard work!!
~ Nancy

4 comments:

mommagroom said...

I did not MAKE him do homework. I never MAKE him do anything. He pretty much does what he wants!!! Just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

THAT I believe! Such a smart little guy!

Anyone know how I can change the name when I comment...kinda embarrassing to respond to strangers' blogs as "mom"....HELP!

Nancy said...

M - I don't really know how to explain it since you don't write blogs, but you'll need to go to blogger and change the name in your account settings (or that is what I would do but I assume you've never signed into blogger). Maybe Randy is smarter than me and can give a better explanation???
If nothing else, we can try to help you do it next time we see you!

mommagroom said...

M-If I were you I would not respond to strangers' blogs at all--even with my real name. They may think you're weird!! LOL