Thursday, September 13, 2012

The move

Back before it was time to move, Jacob had to sit down with Donald Duck and let him know what the plans were.




Actually, I have no idea what he was telling him, but it took a while. :o)

Also, Brobee gets very thirsty and needs "mulk".



Hahaha. I just love those 2 pictures and needed to share them.

And, now, some highlights of our move...

Since I'm preggo and sleep all day (seriously), Randy insisted we hire packers and movers this time. We have always used movers, but never packers. I thought that would be too weird. Well, let me tell you, it didn't take much arm twisting for me to agree to it and it was GREAT! You know when you move, by the time you pack and move you are just too over it to unpack. Well, that actually wasn't the case for me this time. I've enjoyed the unpacking process (for the most part) but can only work in short spurts before I want to play with Jacob or take a nap. Unfortunately, that enjoyment only lasted about 3 weeks because now I'm over it. But, at least it wasn't as bad as it would have been!

So, here are our last pictures in the "old" house which we still own. (By the way, anyone need a house in Katy??)

Jacob was a little concerned when they packed up his toy room. But he was thrilled when they emptied one of his canvas bins. He sat here for quite a while...






To say having that much help pack and move made the move perfect would be a lie. We have had nothing but problems (small) with the moving process and new house. From closing not happening when it should to plumbing problems in the new house to sprinklers that won't turn off to cable/internet/phone not working and me yelling at Comcast, it has been eventful. BUT...it's all coming together now. And I love it here!

When we finally hang things on the wall (2014 or so), I'l post more pictures of the new house.

~Nancy

2 comments:

The Doodys said...

Can't wait to see more pics of the house! I'm so impressed that you could move with a 2 year old and be preggers. I'm terrified to move so we might just stay in our house forever:)

Anonymous said...

Hello? Anyone there? :-(