We had our big ultrasound to see Baby #2 scheduled for today right after we dropped Jacob off at school. So, here's how our morning went...
Jacob and I got up, ate breakfast and got ready for his 2nd day of Mother's Day Out. He was feeling great, talking up a storm and singing his version of Row, Row, Row Your Boat all morning. We get in the car, get ALMOST to school, and he starts throwing up all over himself. After a quick stop in a parking lot (at the church where his school is...that's how close we were) to clean him up a little, we headed back home. The main problem with him not being able to go to school today is that they do NOT allow children under 12 in where you get your ultrasound. And they tell you this...a lot. So, he could not go with us. Luckily, he still seemed to feel fine, so after a quick bath, change of clothes and cleaning of his car seat, he went to Adventure Kids (the drop in day care that I use) for an hour or so. Should I have brought him around other kids right after he puked? Probably not. But it had to be done! If we had to re-schedule, it would have been at least a week before we got to see our little one!!
He was fine and seems to be fine now. Randy is sure he just got car sick, but who knows.
So, Randy and I were able to go to our ultrasound and it's definitely a girl! We were told it was most likely a girl after my 16 week ultrasound at the doctor's office. But, I never trust a 16 week as much as a 20 week.
Everything looks perfect with little Sugar Plum Piper Wiltshire. (Brandl's daughter Brooke has been suggesting names since the day we found out it was probably a girl. Since she comes up with such awesome names that I tend to use all 3 of them instead of picking one!)
She is not too big (like Jacob was) although, according to the internet, she is a little bigger than she should be. She does not have any areas of concern...at all. So far, so good!
So, here are some ultrasound pictures. I have already sent these to family, so, sorry, you'll have to see them twice.
First, this is my favorite one. I loved this one with Jacob too. It's just a perfect view of her profile.

This next one is a creepy one. This is a direct shot of her face. These always scare me a little!

Here is proof that she is a girl (XX and the arrow).

Here are some legs and feet. She was kicking me most of the time.

Here is her stretching profile picture. You could really see her stretching her chin up.

And, last is a 3D view that chopped off the top of her head. She really isn't big enough to get good 3D shots. It was so bad that at one point, I thought she looked like a Thanksgiving turkey. When she gets a little plumper, we'll probably do a real 3D one like we did with Jacob.

So, we are very excited, and I'm ready to go buy PINK! And, NO, we have not thought of names yet so quit asking. :o)
I promise to catch up a little about our move and what Jacob has been up to soon!
~ Nancy
3 comments:
So excited for all of you. I'm glad to hear that she's healthy. Dressing little girls sure is fun:) Names are hard. Hope we get to see you guys soon.
I kinda like sugar plum piper!
Laura texted me yesterday that Makinley wants Julie Wiltshire Riley. But, Makinley says that if we want to stay "traditional", she would accept Julie Riley Wiltshire.
Post a Comment