Before I share all of the pictures from this weekend, let me share some stats. We had his 2 year check up this morning. Since he is talking plenty (boy is he ever), there is nothing that they are concerned about any more! His weight, height and head circumference are all still 97-98%...so, consistent growth!
Here are the stats:
Weight: 35.75 pounds (98%)
Height: 37.5 inches (98%)
Head circumference: 20.25 inches (97%)
He did get one shot and cried for a second...but literally just a second. :o)
His birthday weekend started with Carrie, Nick and their 4 kids coming over on Friday night to spend the night. Jacob LOVED all of the attention from the cousins since one of them was pulling him to play with them constantly. Caitlyn even read a few books to him, which he loved.

The next morning, he had already eaten his breakfast when the big kids finally woke up. However, when they sat down for breakfast, Logan insisted that Jacob join them. So, he got a few extra Lucky Charms and a seat with the big kids.


Once it was time for the birthday party to start, he was already in birthday outfit #1 which Grandma made him. His cake was beautiful again, mainly because I used the same talented lady!



More cousins!! Jacob was not too happy about taking these pictures. I think he wanted cake.

He loves Yo Gabba Gabba so much...and especially his Brobee doll.

His other favorite thing...when people sing Happy Birthday TO HIM!!




We actually practiced blowing out his candles all week. He did OK and blew out one, and I helped with the other. The only problem was that he leaned so far forward to blow out the candle that his chin dipped into the cake.

So silly...

Now, just some party pics. First, is Grandma. I'm only putting this picture because I know she would not want it on here. Plus, she gives me a hard time for not blogging...so, here ya go!

Next, are the adults (my family) trying to figure out the toy made for a 2 year old!

Sweet baby Molly enjoying a snack.

And her big sister Makinley.

And last, some onlookers waiting for cake.

Laura always does a great job (or tries) to get a picture of her kids with all of their visitors. So, I wanted to get a picture of Jacob with each family before they left. This didn't go over very well, and I quit before getting everyone. Here is what we were able to get. Just know, I deleted about 100 pictures of Jacob crying...
This is the best one of Carrie, Nick and their kids with Jacob.

But we also tried Randy holding Jacob and making it look like Carrie was. This was a fail too.

M and Pa and all of their grandkids. With one REFUSING to cooperate.

This is the best one we got of them...not terrible!

And, when it came time for Laura, Scott and the girls to leave, it really wasn't working.

But I had the bright idea to push him in the office chair (which he likes) and then squat down behind the chair. It worked!

When it was time for cousins to leave, they didn't get out of the house without a kiss from Jacob.


And, one last gift from his M and Pa was a sailor hat they found in New Orleans. He still wears it every single day. This is also outfit #2 for those of you counting!

We had a great time and are so blessed to have such a wonderful, big family!
Now, I'm off to pack (maybe) so don't expect another blog for a while. Sorry, Grandma!!
~ Nancy
4 comments:
I love it!! I'm very proud of you!
Oh, and PLEASE take that picture off!!
Are you only going to blog once a year now? You've stopped taking monthly pictures so I just assume that you've stopped your monthly blogging too.
Yeah, I think it may be time for a blog intervention! This once a month just doesn't cut it :-(
Post a Comment