Friday, June 29, 2012

Happy 23 months!

I know everyone says this, but I truly cannot believe that my BABY is almost 2 years old. Wow is all I can say!

I'll admit, we cheated a little on his 23 month picture. We did an impromptu photo shoot Wednesday night in our backyard for a good picture in his Big Brother t-shirt. After taking nearly 400 photos (no joke) we had about 10 that we really liked. I then realized that the very next day (Thursday), we were going to have to do his 23 month photo shoot (any time we take lots of pictures of him, we call it a photo shoot). Since last month we had to photo shop the sticker on him, why not do it again this month? And we'll probably do it again next month unless he begins to enjoy sitting still, with a sticker on him and smiling (not gonna happen). So, it's not in the usual spot on the couch, but oh well!



At 23 months...

-He is truly saying new words almost every day. I'm amazed, at times, how often he'll repeat the last word of a sentence that we say or that he hears on tv. It also makes you very conscience of what word you end sentences with!!

-He loves books now and can pick out some things in his favorite My First Words book. He calls the ice cream cone a "Yummy", the crib a "Night night", the phone a "Hello" and all dark colored round things a "Yo yo". (The actual yo yo on the toys page is dark and round so he learned it there). There are lots of things that he identifies correctly, but those are boring to list!

-He is still using sign language for more, please and all done. He is learning sign language for colors and can do yellow (sounds a lot like yo yo when he says it out loud) and purple. He can't get either sign exactly right, but you can tell what he's trying to do. The best is that I tried teaching him thank you (hand at your chin and then move your hand out) and he blows kisses instead. I don't have the heart to correct him because it's so. darn. cute.

-I just re-read his 22 month post and there isn't a lot more that has changed. He's getting better every day with a fork and drinking out of a cup. He still dances all day long. He is still in swim lessons and does OK until you try to make him float on his back.

That's all I can think of right now. Hopefully, I hit all of the major things!!

~Nancy

1 comment:

mommagroom said...

You forgot to say that at 23 months he's the sweetest little thing!!!