Here is his new swimsuit...

And wearing his puddle jumper...

He was also not a fan of the puddle jumper! Oh well. First thing, Monday morning, I signed us up for swim lessons again, so we start next Monday.
Here are just some other cute pictures from our weekend. Jacob loves him some ice cream, but specifically the cone.

And, he also likes to sit naked and eat cookies. Don't worry, I cropped the original picture...but he was buck naked eating his cookie.

This past weekend, we were headed to College Station. On Friday, I drove Jacob and Shelby up to my parents house then headed back to wait for Randy to get off work. Then, we headed up to College Station to meet Jeff. We went to see the Spring Game, Maroon vs. White, of course (White won, if you care) because Randy gets 'almost' as excited for Spring Game as a regular football weekend. I posted on Facebook that we were headed to College Station to act like college students again. On Friday, we got to College Station around 9pm, ate a late dinner and were all in bed, asleep, by 11pm. That was similar to a lot of my college experience (I've always gone to bed early) but I'm pretty sure Randy and Jeff's college experience did not consist of them being asleep by 11pm on a Friday night.
Saturday, for the game, it was a beautiful day and we had a great time.
We met up with some other friends who brought their 3 year old and 14 month old boys to the game. It really made me miss Jacob, but also made me understand why he is too young to go. The 3 year old did really well, but the mom didn't get to see much of the game because she was keeping the younger one out of the sun. Maybe when Jacob is 10 we will allow him to attend a game!
While we were gone, Jacob got spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa. Here is a photo view of what he did (snapped by Grandma, and Jacob was rarely smiling but she assured me he was having fun).
Grandpa read him books...

And they chilled on the stairs. I'm pretty sure Jacob is just plotting to get a hold of his beer...

They went to Lowe's...

And ate ice cream...

Debra and Craig (my cousin and her husband) bought him a froggy lawn chair that he LOVES.

And, he tried to wear Grandpa's shoes...

They watched tv...

And, finally, smiled for the camera. Hmmm...their living room floor looks very familiar to me...it's a mess!

This upcoming weekend, we are headed to the lake with some friends to celebrate some birthdays. We will be taking Jacob to Austin where M and Pa will watch him (along with Makinley and Molly) at Laura and Scott's house. It seems they are going to have their hands full, but they have assured us that they want to do this! I'll let you know how it goes...
~ Nancy
2 comments:
I think Jacob needs to be 18 before he attends Spring Games. He needs to stay with Grandma and Grandpa until then!!!
I have a pic of his dad in big shoes just like that!
Post a Comment