
(By the way, Randy had to photoshop the 22 month sticker on this picture...it was THAT bad!)
At 22 months, here is what he is doing...
~ His vocabulary has really picked up this month. He can say so many things, somewhat knows the meaning behind a few things, and mimics something new almost every day. He is now saying or can say ball, block, night night, M (Randy's mom), Pa (Randy's dad), bye bye, cookie, bubble, oops, stop, eat, baby, no way (his current favorite), i don't know, me and puppy plus all of the stuff he has said in the past. I have a feeling this is the last month I'll be listing his new words because, hopefully, by next month there will be too many to list! And for all of those words I listed, he says them pretty well. You don't have to have a vivid imagination to understand what he is saying. However, he also says open (he likes toys that open/close but sometimes needs me to open them) but it sounds NOTHING like open. For some reason, he says "ah ma".
~ He can sort of use a fork by himself. We have been giving him the chance and when he does stab some food and pick it up with his fork, he gets the happiest look on his face! He loves using it so much, that when he thinks he is finished with a meal, but we don't think he has eaten enough, we can trick him into eating at least 10 more bites by letting him use a fork.
~ He is also learning to drink out of a cup by himself. I'm not brave enough to even let him try, but Randy has been letting him and he can do it all by himself! If the level is too low, he has a hard time judging how much he should tilt it, but otherwise does really well. And, of course, when he is successful, he gets a huge smile.



~ As many of you have seen from recent videos, the boy likes to dance. He will dance to almost any song on a cartoon on tv, or really, just about any song at all. He will even dance (at least do the arm moves) when you ask him to dance now.
~ He will freeze. It something that we do in Little Gym, and one random Thursday at gym, he really picked up on it. It's very cute to see because he has to spread his legs and bend down (like Ms. Pat does at the gym) but he doesn't stay in that position very long.
~ He weighs 34 pounds, 14.5 ounces. On second thought, maybe we should quit doing the fork trick!
~ We are back in swim lessons and he is doing well. We did not have them this week because of Memorial Day on Monday, so next week will probably be a little bit of a struggle again. But really, by the 3rd time we went in 3 weeks, he was really doing great.
~ He loves to brush his teeth and does it multiple times a day. However, I am NOT allowed to brush them for him any more. That's why I let him do it multiple times. I'm sure he doesn't do a very good job so we are going for quantity over quality.
~ He has his first major boo boo this past month. We were outside playing with sidewalk chalk and he was holding one in his right hand. He tripped and did not let go of the chalk and somehow managed to rip almost his whole fingernail off of one nail. Although he barely cried when it happened, the worst part (for me at least) was the next day. It looked terrible, but the main thing was that he forgot it was hurt and would go on playing and climbing like normal. Then he would hurt it on something and would cry. It was really sad! By the second day, it was as if he forgot what happened. Every once in a while, he would look at it and make a sad face, but you could tell that it didn't really hurt him anymore. Right now (2 weeks later) it's growing back nicely and just looks like a real short nail. Here is a picture from the night it happened, he will not sit still long enough for me to get a picture now!

~ He got a shape sorter for Christmas last year and played with it a lot when he first got it. However, we had to basically show him where to put the shapes, and when it didn't go in the first time, he would get frustrated and throw the piece. Well, that toy went to the bottom of his toy box and we have not touched it in months. The other day, he got it out and brought it to me as I was going through a week's worth of mail. So, I took the six shapes out and put them with the sorter on the ground next to me. Next thing I knew, all six were back in the toy. So, I did it again and watched him. He knew how to do it perfectly! You can even watch him study the color and look for the matching color on the sorter. And he's ever so patient about getting it in the hole the right way as opposed to getting frustrated!
That about all I can think of for his new "tricks". :o)
Here is some other random stuff...
Although he didn't like a splash pad when we went with some friends, he loved playing with the hose, naked, in our back yard. Mostly, he liked drinking the water from the hose.

He's trying to get prepared to go fishing with Grandma and Grandpa, so we play our magnetic fishing game at home.

I still need to blog about our quick trip to Kemah for Memorial Day...hopefully I'll do that tomorrow!
~ Nancy
3 comments:
Why didn't you list those 'other words' that I have heard him say?
You mean, the words you taught him like "Oh sh*t"?
It certainly makes me feel good when I see him wearing shirts that I made him. Thank you!!!
Post a Comment