Tuesday, May 8, 2012

PlayDATES and other randomness

We have had a few playdates in the past week, and Jacob is taking the DATE part seriously. Last Friday, we met Jennifer and Jacqueline at the park and then headed to McDonalds for a nutritious lunch (HA!). The funny part of this whole story is that morning, Jennifer's husband told Jacqueline to have fun at her playdate but to remember that it was NOT a kissing date. You can only guess what Jacob did. :o)

It all started with Jacqueline wanting me to pick her up. And she is SO light compared to Jacob (she is also 3 months younger). So, I told Jennifer she needed to pick up Jacob to see the difference. She did, and Jacob grabbed the sides of her face and planted one on her. That was kiss #1.

Before the next kissing session, Jacqueline decided that she didn't want to eat her nuggets but would feed them to Jacob. Jennifer snapped a few pics so I'm using hers (I wasn't quick enough with the camera)...



Right before we left, Jacob and Jacqueline were standing there looking at each other. I was saying to Jacob to tell Jacqueline bye bye, when he leaned over towards her. I thought he was going to hug her so I told him to. Well, he had other plans and planted one on her too. Jennifer and I thought it was so funny that we made them do it a number of times, and even put them in a booth to snap a picture before we left. I love Jacqueline's face in the second one...






So much for a playdate NOT a kissing date with my kiddo around!

This past weekend, we headed to the lake/river with some friends and M and Pa kept Jacob at Laura and Scott's house. Apparently Jacob thought it was funny to kiss Makinley when we left. Makinley didn't think it was as funny! Unfortunately, none of us got pictures of that one.

But, on the ride home, he was exhausted and passed out. Keeping up with Makinley (who is 4) is hard work!




Monday morning, we stared back into our swim lessons at the Houston Swim Club. We have a new teacher and they always give high fives and hugs at the end of class. Jacob planted one on her too!! (That's 4 in 4 days if you are counting...and those don't include me, Randy, M and Pa).

Today, we had another playdate at Jennifer and Jacqueline's house with Robyn (another mom) and her daughter Dallas. Jacob was in heaven and got to kiss both of them! I didn't get the cute pictures of them kissing but, I think, Jennifer did. I'll share them when she sends them to me.

Jacob did actually wear some sunglasses for more than a second. We have bought him a pair, but he won't keep them on for longer than 2 seconds. However, he loved Jennifer's glasses...



I know it's a dark picture, but we were under their patio. Still cute!

I also got a picture of Jacqueline, who loves hats...



And, Dallas, who is just being silly...



So, all in all, I think that is 5 different girls in 5 different days. Maybe we need to find some little boys to hang out with. Then again, maybe not!

~ Nancy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he is just taking after his Pa, Dad. and Grandpa. Maybe it's time for the talk. Dad