1. To be made a fool of; To make a fool of; To confound or prove wrong; embarrasing someone:

What is the point of all this, you might ask? I don't know. Except that, as of today, The Fitz is also owned. By us. But in this case, owned in the usual sense of the word.
Our closing this morning went off without a hitch. Nancy managed to not fall down at any point while entering or exiting the building, which is always a plus.
So, just 4.5 months after I started this here blog, we (more accurately, the bank) finally own The Fitz. It has been alot of fun watching our house being built from the ground up. In many ways, it has flown by...but in many ways it has also seemed to take forever. We now have the daunting task of removing all the junk we have accumulated at our house, and relocating it to our new house. And we only have three good legs between the two of us. Thank God there are people willing to move our big stuff for us (for a small fee, of course). Well worth every dime, in my opinion.
I'm soooo glad that Nancy is off work and able to coordinate all the logistics of getting us moved, i.e. transferring utilities, furniture delivery, blinds installation, sod for the backyard, movers, etc. She has also been a packing machine. I just go to work every day, and when I return, there are more boxes magically packed and sitting by the garage door.
I probably won't be blogging much in the next week or so, as I am sure I will be put to work arranging and rearranging furniture and accessories until everything is perfect. Wish me luck.
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS!!
The only thing that will feel better than this moment is when you bring the last box into the new house! I wish I was there to help. I plan to stop by and see y'alls new pad the next time I am in town. Give you wife a hug for me!
~Heather
Post a Comment