Now that we are all moved in, I have been diligently working on my Honey-Do List. I have been in charge of not letting our newly laid sod die despite no rain for two months. I don't think I've ever watered a lawn in my life, and now it is like a daily ritual. We may even get it mowed soon. We also stained the concrete on our back patio...which turned out pretty well even though Nancy and I had no idea what we were doing. (
Public service announcement: when frantically rolling ACID onto concrete, it is a good idea to wear safety glasses. Some shot up in my eye, which caused me to dance around the back yard like my pants were on fire. Luckily, I still have two functioning eyes. I'm also glad we do not have neighbors as of yet.) We have gotten most of the odd jobs done by this point...except for the big one: organizing the garage. I have put it off so far, but I may actually have to buckle down and do it next weekend.
The current project du jour is interior decorating...of which I am completely clueless. Thankfully, Nancy's mom loves that kind of stuff, and the sewing that goes along with it...so she came down for a few days to make curtains for some of our windows. And she works cheap. Here are some pictures of what they have done so far.
Living Room Small Window

Living Room Big Window
Dining Room
Roman Shade on back door, open
Roman Shade on back door, Closed
I think everything turned out really well, although I am easily impressed. I was in awe that the curtains matched our couch. Turns out they planned it that way.
The shade on the back door is something called a "Roman Shade". It basically folds up like an accordion when you pull the string. Pretty cool, but I have no idea how one would even begin to make something like that. I guess that's why they just tell me to stay out of the way.
To keep me busy and out of their hair, they assigned me the job of creating an abstract painting to go over the fireplace. I think I got this job because I can draw. Only abstract art is not at all like drawing, and I can't recall ever painting anything abstract. So we'll see how that turns out. I haven't let Nancy and her mom see much of it because a) I like to wait until it is finished before anyone sees it, and b) I do not want Nancy to see the horrible mess I have made of our back bedroom. Let's just say oil painting is alot messier than I remember. Hopefully it will turn out decent and be presentable enough to actually hang up on the wall. If so, I'll post some pictures.
That's all the fun and exciting news for now. It's 2 am, so I probably ought to go to sleep sometime tonight.
2 comments:
I love the curtains! Fabulous!
Me, too. Can't wait to see them in person. Sure glad Doris likes to sew! I'm sure no good at it...
Post a Comment