Friday, June 6, 2008

Moving

The movers are coming tomorrow, so this is the last night in this house. About half our furniture got delivered today, so Nancy spent all day at The Fitz waiting on several deliveries. We will not have a fridge, bedroom tv, coffee table, end tables, or dining room table until Monday.

We moved a couple of things today, and as you can see, Nancy was about as much help as expected. Had to get one of the neighbors to help me.




Actually, she has done all the work so far, bum leg and all. She has packed just about our entire house. She has taken multiple loads of odds and ends to The Fitz, and started unpacking alot of stuff. She also started putting together our study desk today. Evidently it took her three hours to put together a small file cabinet. I wonder how long the other seven pieces will take us?

Today, our couch, chair, recliner, bed, nightstands, breakfast table, and desk arrived. I got my recliner, which is all I really care about. I am afraid to sit in it, for fear I may never get up.

Here is our bare living room and bedroom with the new furniture:







Shelby wasted no time making herself right at home:


We've got a busy day tomorrow, so I better go to bed.

No comments: