Well, it's back to the real world now, after a fun trip to Vegas.
The trip was actually for my continuing education. I have to have 17 hours per year to keep my license. I usually go to the Southwest Veterinary Symposium in exciting Ft. Worth, but this time, we decided to make a vacation out of it and head to the Western Veterinary Conference in Las Vegas. Nothing against Ft. Worth, but Las Vegas has a little more in the way of "leisure activities". Last time we went to Vegas two years ago, Nancy decided she wanted to stay at New York-New York the next time we went, so that is where we stayed. While we were downtown, one of our friends sent a picture from his camera of Flava Flav shooting craps right next to him in another casino. Nancy was very sad that she was not there to embarrass herself. If you've never been around when she sees a celebrity, count yourself lucky.
The trip was actually for my continuing education. I have to have 17 hours per year to keep my license. I usually go to the Southwest Veterinary Symposium in exciting Ft. Worth, but this time, we decided to make a vacation out of it and head to the Western Veterinary Conference in Las Vegas. Nothing against Ft. Worth, but Las Vegas has a little more in the way of "leisure activities". Last time we went to Vegas two years ago, Nancy decided she wanted to stay at New York-New York the next time we went, so that is where we stayed. While we were downtown, one of our friends sent a picture from his camera of Flava Flav shooting craps right next to him in another casino. Nancy was very sad that she was not there to embarrass herself. If you've never been around when she sees a celebrity, count yourself lucky.
We played alot of Blackjack and Roulette, and I played in a few poker tournaments. We had some winning sessions, and I even made the money in one of the poker tourneys, but overall we lost money, of course. All those huge hotels were not built by the house losing money. Suckers like me, by the thousands, throw wads of cash away every day. But damn it sure is fun. We also saw a comedy hypnotist show. Our friend Roxanne got hypnotized and made a fool of herself. It was hilarious! Nancy tried to get hypnotized, but she got kicked off stage when she didn't go "under". The guy's name is Anthony Cools, and if you are ever at the Paris casino, I would recommend checking him out.
I'm sorry to report that there was no huge woman sitting next to us on either flight. In fact, both flights were fairly uneventful. Which is the way I like it.
Today we drove out to the new neighborhood and FINALLY, they have put up the forms to pour our foundation. Nancy said that Mike told her, weather permitting, the slab should be poured on Wednesday. Don't worry, there will be pictures. I know you can't wait.
Speaking of pictures...Of course we took some pics today of our wooden forms from every angle possible. It's not much, but it's kind of exciting. We also went today and rented a storage unit for all our "clutter"...so that we can show our house and hopefully sell it sooner rather than later. Nancy is packing as I type this (Hey, I've gotta rest up for all the heavy lifting). She is now concerned that we may need a bigger unit. Tomorrow is gonna be so much fun, I can hardly wait.
Now, on to the pictures:

Some hot chick next to where our garage will be.
That's our future covered patio
Me standing on our future patio
Sold!
From the front yard.
Looking towards the street.
From the Street
No comments:
Post a Comment