Another exciting weekend around here. We actually got quite a bit done in our preparations to (attempt to) sell our house. Nancy's parents came into town, and we put them to work. I had to work Saturday morning, and by the time I got home, the rotten board under our roof awning was replaced and caulked, just waiting to be painted. Nancy's dad is a really good carpenter, and I was impressed at how well it turned out. Of course, I am easily impressed, since I couldn't even build a birdhouse. I inherited my carpentry style from my dad. It involves alot of crooked saw cuts, unsquare angles, and cussing. And usually someone else to come along and finish it after I throw the hammer across the yard and go inside.
We also borrowed our friend's pressure washer to power wash our bricks, sidewalk, and driveway, at the urging of our realtor. Evidently black gunk, mold, and mildew is not a big selling point, much like pee on the toilet rim (or floor) and toothpaste in the sink, as I learned last week. I think I'm ready to take my real estate license exam.
I have got to get me one of these pressure washers. The one we used was something like 1750 psi. I'm pretty sure I want one that is about 5000 psi. Although 1750 psi will tear the skin off your toe pretty well, as I learned on Sunday. It's amazing the difference a little pressure washing makes to the looks of the house. I hadn't realized how much gunk was built up until we started cleaning it. Of course, I didn't know what color our kitchen walls were the other day when Nancy asked me, and she would probably have to shave her head before I noticed her haircut.
We celebrated our now cement-colored driveway and non-rotten board with some steaks on the grill. 12 oz, 1.5" thick Prime Ribeyes. Enough said. Also grilled some vegetables for the rabbit-food lovers. I catch alot of grief for not eating peppers, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, asparagus and other assorted veggies. What can I say, I am a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy. I actually do eat ALOT of vegetables. I just eat them after the cow has pulled them from the ground, digested them and turned them into highly-marbled red meat.
Also got the opportunity to check up on my newest patient, Mr. Whiskers. He is Nancy's parents' very spunky and cute Yorkie mix. A week ago I surgically removed his manhood (literally, not like Kristy did to Chad). Nancy and her mom watched the procedure, which they enjoyed, without even passing out. Mr Whiskers, a 7 lb dog, required an elizabethan collar (i.e. funnel, lampshade) made for a 40 lb dog, because he contorted himself like a pretzel, in spite of the normal e-collar, so that he could obsessively lick his incision. No matter what we tried, he just kept trying to lick it. By the time I saw him this past weekend, he had finally stopped, and it is healing very well.
We are getting ready to go to Las Vegas for "continuing education". I have a hard time going to these lectures when they are in Ft Worth, so what do you think my attendance rate will be in Vegas? Ought to be fun, and all on the company dime...well, except for the gambling.
When we get back from Vegas, we have our "pre-construction" meeting, where we finalize every detail with the actual construction supervisor. Soon after that they should start building the damn thing finally. Then you'll get more pictures than you ever wanted to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment