Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Meetings are over, and the real fun begins

Today was our last official meeting before our house is officially under construction. It was a meeting with the construction manager who is actually overseeing the whole construction process. Of course, I couldn't go because a brotha has to work, so Nancy went by herself. I'm really glad she is a teacher and gets off by 4, or I don't know when we would have these little meetings. Of course, I am not at all sad that I have a good excuse to miss most of them. I just get the highlights from her, which is the way I like it. That said, she could be telling him to paint the walls pink and I would never know.

It sounded like this meeting wasn't all that exciting anyway. Just kinda finalizing all the things in our Fitz that are not standard. And we do get running water at no extra charge, which is a big relief. It helps that my wife is pretty hot, because she just bats her eyelashes at the construction dude, and all of the sudden we've got an extra closet under the stairs, an extra light in the kitchen, a different door on our master bath, and a few other free "extras". Maybe I'll just keep missing these meetings so that he might throw in a pool or something.

As you saw in the last pictures I posted, the beginning stages are now underway. The forms for the slab are built, and now all the Re-bar and plastic barriers, along with all the plumbing, are in place. They are supposed to be pouring our slab at 5 am tomorrow morning. And no, I am not getting up that early to drive out there and supervise. Although it is the most important part of the house. They better not screw it up, that's all I've got to say. I've seen Nancy mad.

Tonight was the first night that we haven't driven out there to take a look after I got home from work, because a) Nancy already went out there today for the meeting and took pictures, and b) she said nothing is different from last night when we went. You can bet that we'll go out there tomorrow night though. I can guarantee it will be the most excited I have ever been about a slab of concrete. They estimate 90 days from tomorrow before we close. Know anybody that wants to buy a house?, because we are motivated sellers.

Actually, our house looks entirely different now that we have put all the "clutter" in storage and had our carpet shampooed. And Shelby-stains cost us an extra $200. You gotta love when they tell you $150-200 over the phone and it ends up costing $400. I think Shelby needs to get a job.

Anyway, on to the pictures. The night pictures are from our nightly trip on Tuesday night to the new neighborhood with a flashlight and a camera. The other pictures are from today. Looks like everything is ready for the concrete truck tomorrow bright and early. Check back in tomorrow for some exciting pictures of cement. Woohoo!





The future shower and bathtub drains in the master bath

All ready for some 5 am Concrete!

No comments: