Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Moving soon!

Simply because Randy and I don't have enough going on in our lives with a new baby on the way, a very active 2 year old (ALMOST!!), a new associate vet starting at Lakeside and a renovation/addition starting soon at Lakeside, we found a new house that we both fell in love with an put an offer on. And, they accepted our offer! So, somewhere around August 13th, we should be in a new house. The only problem with this plan is that our current house is not on the market or anywhere near show ready! This should be fun...

We weren't really looking for a house but we were kinda browsing for a house. I hate to say we weren't looking because we were attending Open Houses. We really wanted a bigger house, a bigger yard (enough for a pool and some space for the kids/dog to play) and at a decent price. We found all of that with this new place. And, both sets of parents have seen it and put their stamps of approval on it. Although, they could actually hate it because I doubt they are going to tell us that!

So, it's time for picture overload. You don't have to look through them all, this is for documentation purposes for us! We love to go back and look at the pictures from when we were building this house (and they are easiest to find on the blog).

Front of house (with mom buckling Jacob in the car).



Kitchen from living room.



Closer view



Dining room (which will still be a playroom for a few years). Front door is directly to my right.



Butler's pantry. Dining room (again) on the right. To the left goes past the utility room and into the kitchen.



Living room. Built ins are not finished being painted.


Study with a beautiful ceiling!





Cute little boy showing us what it looks like with the doors closed.


This is just a few feet in the door, looking up.


Half bath downstairs


Master bedroom


Master bath






Guest room, upstairs



Guest closet, LOTS of storage for me!!



Full bath inside the guest room






Standing in the game room, upstairs, looking into the media room. There is a non enclosed area before the media room that will probably have Randy's computer.



Media room



Baby #2's bedroom



Some of the jack and jill bath that Jacob and #2 will share



Jacob's new bedroom



Game room



Part of the back yard. It is oddly shaped but will hold a pool by next summer (fingers crossed).


And, last, Jacob showing off the breakfast area.


As most of you know, Jacob turns 2 on Saturday. I hope to blog again after the party!

~ Nancy

3 comments:

mommagroom said...

I love your new house but I wish you would have included a few more pictures of the cute boy!!! Just sayin'.

mommagroom said...

No pressure, but since I know you're not packing could you please do a birthday blog for the cutest, smartest, most handsome boy in the world?

Nancy said...

Who says I'm not packing? I have one whole box packed and a huge pile of packing supplies. Whew...