Man, I thought that last post was pretty funny...but I get no comments**crickets chirping**
Anyway, this post will be more interactive. Audience participation, if you will. All 3 of you.
My lovely wife called me into the bedroom last night to put our MALE child, my son, down to bed for the night. I did a double take when I saw what he was wearing. It looked like pajamas, sure enough, but something was different. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Oh yes, that's it, IT'S A NIGHTGOWN!
Where I come from (admittedly, Lorena, TX) girls wear nightgowns. Boys wear pajamas. My wife says it is not a nightgown. It has one opening for both legs, so what else would you call it?
Anyway, this post will be more interactive. Audience participation, if you will. All 3 of you.
My lovely wife called me into the bedroom last night to put our MALE child, my son, down to bed for the night. I did a double take when I saw what he was wearing. It looked like pajamas, sure enough, but something was different. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Oh yes, that's it, IT'S A NIGHTGOWN!
Where I come from (admittedly, Lorena, TX) girls wear nightgowns. Boys wear pajamas. My wife says it is not a nightgown. It has one opening for both legs, so what else would you call it?
The first definition I found online:
night·gown (nītˈgounˌ)
noun
A loose garment worn in bed by women and girls. Also called nightdress.
night·gown (nītˈgounˌ)
noun
A loose garment worn in bed by women and girls. Also called nightdress.
So my son is now wearing a dress. Awesome.
I have attached some photos, and I would like your opinion.
What would you call this thing? Nightgown? Sleepdress? Nightdress? Nightie? Neglige'?
14 comments:
Those are the best for changing diapers in the middle of the night. My little guy wore them all the time!
It's called a sleep sack...not a dress!!
I couldn't agree more. These 'things' should only be used by the stronger (or weaker depending on your physical make-up) sex. I personally would rather it take longer to undo fifteen snaps, up and down both legs, than have my little guy wear this (pardon my french) crap.
It's a sleep sack!! Caleb has a few too, though he mostly wears footed pajamas. The purpose of a sleep sack is to cover their feet like a blanket would since "technically" they're not supposed to sleep with blankets in their cribs. J-dub will survive this stage and you will too!
It's a sleep sack...totally unisex.
It is so a sleep sack! I'm thinking you haven't changed enough diapers in the middle of the night... buttons, snaps, and zippers are tough when you are only half awake!
You asked for comments and you're getting them. Unfortunately for you, I'm winning this argument! Maybe you need more male readers of your blog!!
I vote for sleep sack too...and it's adorable...you definitely need more male blog readers Randy!
It's a sleep sack and you should probably embrace this definition unless of course you want to be nominated to be the one undoing the fifteen snaps for a 2:30 a.m. diaper change. :o)
I hate to break this to my big, strong, manly, slightly crazy son, but that is EXACTLY what you wore....and back then they WERE called nightgowns AND they had a string to tie it together at the feet...and no you did not strangle yourself on it! You had blue ones, yellow ones, and white ones.
Nancy wins this one!
I agree it's a sleep sack... but if my crazy husband (Brent) wants to get up in the middle of night and undo fifteen snaps, Matthew won't need to wear one.
Seriously, don't listen to these so called friends and family, sleep-sacks suck, I know it, you know, and I'm sure that Jacob knows it. I think it's awesome how my wife talks about getting up in the middle of the night, when she's fully aware that since Matthew was born, I'm the only person who gets up at 2 o'clock every night.
Testosterone Producers Unite!!
If you want your laundry clean, the dishes done, both kids taken care of all day, the house somewhat cleaned, and dinner when you get home... I need sleep. Anytime you want to trade, let me know. :-)
Hey Brent, don't you go to work every day? Testosterone producers unite!
Post a Comment