Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just when I think I've seen it all

Date: 11/3/10
Location: Lakeside Animal Clinic, Exam Room 2
Time: 2:09 pm
Clients: Married Couple, late 50's
Patient: Fluffy the Male Cat*

Client: Dr. Wiltshire, can you check out Fluffy's lip? There is a lump on it. It's been there a week or so.

Me: Yep, it looks like a contact allergy to something. Does he have a plastic food bowl? Plastic chew toys? Have you put anything on his lips, like medication or anything?

Client: No, his bowls are stainless steel. Nothing on his lips that I can remember.

Client's Husband: You need to tell him

Client: Tell him what?

Client's Husband: She puts makeup on him

Me: (Laughing) How long ago did you put the makeup on him?

Client's Husband: No...she puts makeup on him every day. Like lipstick, powder, mascara, the whole nine yards.

Me: Hmmm, let's stop doing that for a while and see if it gets better.



*Name changed to protect the clinically insane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you find these "clients"?

Nancy said...

Trust me, they find him. He's a magnet for weirdos. That's how he got me!!! :o)